The Sentinels of the Coming Dawn

Started by IIIIIIIII, April 10, 2018, 04:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IIIIIIIII

The Sentinels of the Coming Dawn
Class: Any non-druid
Race:  Any Elven race.  Half-elves possible.  Auxiliary group allows dwarves, halflings and gnomes in the "Guardians of the Advent"
Alignment: Any
Religion(s):  Shevarash (Revenant Prince), Seldarine, and Mourning

The Sentinels of the Coming Dawn are a group of elves in service of the Garden of the Lost and led by the Elven Coronal Saevel Raedrimn. The group itself has laid claim to the Street of the Gods and has dedicated itself to furthering the cause of the dwindling Elven population. Salvation is sought and the Sentinels will find it on their own terms, separate from the three major factions. There are a a couple large plots already surrounding the Sentinels with more possible in the coming weeks!

There's a number of great possibilities for concepts for this player group and it's open enough to accommodate many different play styles.  The group's central theme is one that is is able to accommodate Elves of all alignments.

Playing an elf can seem a bit overwhelming. There are dozens of books of lore released over the past thirty years and even more found in novels.  You really don't need to know most of that.  If you do want a quick crash course on Elven lore you can feel free to find me on discord.

If anyone has any questions, ideas for concepts they'd like to bounce off me, or want some lore basics I'd be more than happy to help. You can find me as Sankis in game or on discord.

In game a number of fliers and the like exist as well.

TsunamiWombat

I just want to throw in my bits here that while Sankis' focus is understandibly on elves, non elven non humans can probably fit here. This is just me spitballing as an outsider, but elves and dwarves are ancient frenemies, and halflings and gnomes frequently get along well with elven communities. I feel this faction will see the most success by trying to be an umbrella for non-human races rather than elf specific

IIIIIIIII

While the group may accept non-elves in some circumstances, it is very explicitly not a non-human umbrella group and to make it one would mean making an entirely different group than what I have in mind.

PinballSorcerer

Elfy Things are happening.  Things with an uppercase T.  And also Stuff.  Elven Stuff.  Exciting things occur.  There may very possibly have NEVER been a better time to make an elf.  Or a half elf, as the Sentinels are fairly open minded in that regard.  So.  With a quarter of the server having died this week, make your next PC an elf and join the Sentinels!  It is fun and you can get in on both the Things and the Stuff!

IIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIII

Twelve

Could use some elvses!

From elven warriors to apprentices of the Elven High Art and everything in-between, bring them on. 

Lots of plotting, scheming and behind the scenes action going on, as we build towards the monumental.

Feel free to hit me up on discord or drop me a PM if you want to discuss ideas.

IIIIIIIII

My part in this is now over. Thanks to everyone who played alongside me! There's still plenty to do if anyone wishes to take over the group!

PinballSorcerer

Exciting things are afoot! The Heavens themselves re-align! If you think elven excitement is over, oh my goodness you've no idea how wrong you are! There has very possibly NEVER been a better time to make an elf than now!  Elven excellence is only beginning!

https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=690343.msg698706