Kobold liar quest

Started by Crazy Bob, July 20, 2013, 11:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Bob

Guess I would suggest bumping up the healing drops here. Each time we have ran through the quest we have ran out several healing devices each, not to mention restorations and antidote. The xp wasn't the best but that's ok. Just seems the risk far out ways the reward and I have heard many such complaints    

Just a suggestion :)

((server is  like bacon. Cant get enough!))

Ivory Rook

If this is the one in the Mines you're referring to I have to disagree. There's a very good reward that drops 100% of the time on that quest in the form of gold. It's a difficult quest to be sure.

But the reward is more than worthwhile provided it's shared out/you aren't going through the quest with a massive army of people who aren't really contributing much to the fight.

Testy McTryoutshirt

I agree with the OP (to a certain extent) and disagree with Ivory. While the end reward of gold is nice, the (in my experience) total lack of healing, coupled with the vast decrease in availability of healing gear, means that the gold reward will most often be used up to replace supplies that were used during the quest. I have done it a couple of times now, and cannot recall I have recieved any healing equipment from it - or very much usable loot at all, in fact.

As an alternative, a slight increase in the XP reward might be a good idea, considering that the quest can be quite lethal for many characters in the level-range.

I'd like to summarize that I do think that the quest is nice, and balanced overall (it'll probably become less deadly and difficult once players begin to "learn" it), but that the reward really could use a slight upwards adjustment in terms of either XP or loot.

athousandyearsofpain

Keep things hard please.
This quest has been rewarding everytime I've done it.
Don't encourage another potion bloat..

putrid_plum

I feel there is a very very simple way anyone can avoid damage here.

Howlando

Tweaked slightly, but not much.

Knight Of Pentacles

Potion bloat... oh no.

All jokes aside, before the tweak this quest dropped very meager supplies for a 3-7 quest of considerable difficulty.  No clue what the tweaks included and if they've helped balance things out a bit.  I suppose I'll have to do it again!

Winston Martin

I really really enjoy Kobold Terror Mission.

Bearic

The amount of deadly tricks and traps in these new quests is just awesome!

Knight Of Pentacles

There's only a few things low supply return on quests encourage. And not one of them is good.  

Less activity all around.  People don't have supplies, they're obviously not going to take risks.

Full Deaths more common than simply subdual. Characters being ended before they can flesh themselves out. Rivalries mechanically discouraged.  Why take all the guys supplies so he can come back later, take yours, and likely kill you when you can kill him in the first place?

Mob ganks.  I can see all pvp being simply won by numbers instead of the smart use of supplies and strategy.

Adhesive

Quote from: Knight Of Pentacles;345574Mob ganks.  I can see all pvp being simply won by numbers instead of the smart use of supplies and strategy.

I'd rather see a charismatic leader collecting followers and encouraging rivalries with other groups than two guys crushing quests and then swinging their potion bags at one another until one dies.

Knight Of Pentacles

Excessive supplies are obviously bad.  But I don't see it advantageous in the least not to have a small surplus.

Testy McTryoutshirt

After the tweak, I think this quest is excellent. Still very dangerous for the foolish or unprepared, but also rewarding - and challenging each time I've done it. Very nice, and with lots of detail!

Howlando

Please keep the thread on topic to this quest. Discussion about "supply bloat" can be had elsewhere.

VengefulSeraphim

I died twice on this particular quest, but honestly, I enjoy things just as they are now with it. The entire quest is pure chaos and really a lot of fun because of that, I think.

It reminds me a lot of Tucker's legendary scaled warriors.

In short, For Kurtulmak.