Mass Effect Issues

Started by Spiffy Has, July 16, 2013, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiffy Has

Whenever I try and enter the menu of the game (to upgrade my squad and shit, or to view the codex, map, etc...) I get this message, and the game crashes immediately.

Anyone got a clue what to do? I already reinstalled twice. While reinstalling fixes it, it immediately pops up again when I reboot my computer. I'd rather have a perma solution to this!

Howlando

Spiffy Has

...That was low, howland.

Real low.

Oskar Maxon

Howland, I love you.

Aethereal

Update your graphics drivers, make sure they are the most recent. Possibly also update Windows. What version of Windows are you using?
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Vlaid

And so it has come full circle

Spiffy Has

Quote from: Aethereal;344205Update your graphics drivers, make sure they are the most recent. Possibly also update Windows. What version of Windows are you using?

It's a 2008 game, so Windows XP is ideal. I use Windows 7. I did some forum digging, and apparently NvIDIA is responsible for being massive dicks and not upgrading their graphics drivers to allow the use of 182.06+ drivers to play Mass effect.

I just found a bioware bug watch for it, so maybe that will work. But then, I am not using Nvidia. We'll see if it works.

Balop

The issue is that Mass Effect is a bad game.

Perroy

Have you updated your Doritos® driver?