Leaving/Returning Posts

Started by ScottyB, September 07, 2008, 03:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Gonna be gone for a bit.

RIPnogarD

Having my main PC, DM squashed (for no good reason) kinda took the wind out of my sails...

Not that I’ll be missed, but I’m going to take a brake for a bit.

Egon the Monkey

I've been off EfU for a while since Saturday, since I've got a week full of exams and don't need the distraction. Dammit Dan, you pick the wrong days to do massive awesome server invasions. I heard about the wolves XD.

Mort

Quote from: RIPnogarD;104347Having my main PC, DM squashed (for no good reason) kinda took the wind out of my sails...

Not that I’ll be missed, but I’m going to take a brake for a bit.

I dont think you need to be so dark. Spell failure is temporary. Usually last for 1-3 days, and followed by somekind of interesting redemption quest.

I dont think it's fair of you to take a free potshot at the DM who did it, but if it makes you feel better... I'm sure he's strong enough to take it.

Cruzel

i will miss u rip

i love u dont leave me *cry*

Luke Danger

Got midterms this week, so earlier bedtimes most likely, try not to wage WWIII in the Zig with the orcs 'till Weekend, please?

DangerousDan

Mort is correct. Chill out, RIP.

Underbard

Gone.

When you ask a DM for his opinion about something in IRC and he boots you rather that at least saying FU, I won't answer that, it is time to move on.
  What a shame, because, I really like this site.  Maybe I will check back in some day and see if I am welcome.

Edit  I should not have been so vague.  Scotty, I read you warning before I asked to talk to you in IRC.

Cruzel

Wow, suddenly I stop being the center of EFU ANGST, and people are making angsty ragequits all over the place :(

Seriously though Underbard, it's awesome playing with you. You just shouldn't ask that DM anything because he doesn't know anything anyways, TBH.

Also, quiting because one person is a jerk is kind of silly :( I mean look at Dangerousdan. I'm still here, though! Just ask a different DM, like Snoteye (Who is here solely for our IRC Spamming purposes) and I'm sure you'll get a good answer, even if it's not the  answer you wanted.

Cluckyx

ScottyB has parent issues.

He doesn't know what it's like to be loved :(

Howlando

Underbard, this is what you call a misunderstanding. ScottyB recently returned to DM'ing under the very strict condition that he'd be a player who was just on call to help with scripting issues and #efu moderating. He's certainly not the only one who can easily be burned out by the unending requests on behalf of players for assistance with various issues. Certainly we welcome players to contact us with questions and needs, but surely anyone can imagine it can be a lot to deal with and it's not for everyone.

But beyond all that, a kick from #efu is nothing. It's a love-tap. In the 3+ years of server operation, it's never been some kind of sign of disrespect or not being welcomed.

You're free to play or not to play here, but you're perfectly welcome to do so and should not read too much into the casual action of a recently returned semi-DM.

Feel free to PM me any additional concerns, or whatever your question was that caused the whole problem. Also escapefromunderdark@gmail.com or our Private Discussions Forum is the appropriate way to register some kind of complaint with the DM staff, and/or seek clarity regarding a particular issue.

Oskar Maxon

Underbard, you should read the quopte where Calculor keeps kicking FIsh_ with the kick messege "Dan can I ask a question" until he would get an answer. As Howland said, a irc kick means -very- little, and I'm sure I speak for many other than myself when I say we would like to have you stay here.

Gwydion

UNDERBARD...

Stay!  The Morninglord commands you!

or....I'm asking nicely.   :D

Garem

Don't know if i mentioned this or not, I plan on returning after school has settled and some prior commitments are finished. As for now, real life needs my full attention.

I shall be back soon, my sillies.

Cluckyx

FUCK YOU ALL I QUIT.

No but for srs. My computer imploded. Back Monday at the earliest.