[Legate Zaniah Almirah: Isabella de Veend]

Started by Empress of Neon, June 08, 2023, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empress of Neon

QuoteDear Zaniah,

Following recent events and a bit of soul-searching, I've decided I'll be resigning from the office of Chancellor tomorrow.

I will not be accepting any future offers for other offices in Ephia's Well that have neither the blessing of the people or Sultanate.

That said, I'll send this to you as a reference for the candidates of choice when it comes to envoys outside the Well. Take them or leave them, the choice is yours.

I'll even train them if you wish. But it won't be as Chancellor de Veend.

Simply Isabella.

Quote~Frostport: Tormod Redmane

He has plenty of experience as my Oathseeker when it comes to the realm of Frostport. Both as someone who saw my efforts as ambassador firsthand, as well as someone who actively participated in fostering better relations. He's even known for the wine we'd bring to feasts in gestures of goodwill.

Tormod also has a distinctive likeness to the people of Frostport in terms of culture; to the point you'd think they're of the same cut and cloth. He understands them and their ways better than you or I ever could and has inherit, intrinsic value as a wiseman who can aid them in any number of matters most can not. Reading the runes, arcane consultation; things Frostport simply doesn't have readily available to them.

He is  known, welcomed and understands the nuances of the mission in Frostport that make him uniquely suited.

Quote~Qadira: Khalid al-Hayim

Khalid al-Hayim is one of the most level-headed, trustworthy and humble men in all of Ephia's Well. I can not understate how much respect and goodwill I have towards this man, or his devotion to the wellness of others. He sees himself as a servant to the realm, and conducts as such.

He is uniquely suited to Qadira for two reasons. Firstly, the temple to Warad which stands even in occupation. Khalid's relationship with the priestess and the flock there adds a layer of liturgical devotion to the mission and allies in Qadira to help him monitor and influence as necessary.

Second, he is Leagueless. Khalid is an independent Voiced with no strong affiliations to any league or Accord member. This will make it easier for Qadirans to approach him if he's perceived as being less affiliated with the Sultanate or any of the organizations I mentioned. They may try to bribe, corrupt or coerce him, as they will any other, but Khalid is a man of Warad before he is a mortal man fearing for his life or attending his vices.

I've known him for a long time and can vouch for his character.

Take this with a grain of salt, knowing Lieutenant Colmes has some concerns of Gelleman influence. I will dispute those and simply tell you Khalid is a deeply spiritual ulemma of Warad who, like me, is rubbed wrong when religous persecution and desecration unfolds.

Quote~Banafsi: Alejandro

Alejandro may be of the Rose, but I know he well and genuinely cares about the wellbeing of Ephia's Well and its people. Few, in any, would contest his character and sincerity.

He has a grasp of Banafsi's politics, history and agenda. He is not one easily coerced or swayed. He is likeable, considerate and above all, beautiful.

In heart, songcraft and poetry does that beauty shine. Bringing a special trait to the envoy of Banafsi that is culture.

I can already foresee some of his works knitting our societies closer together; as the ambassador who bridged Mother B'aara's (Or Myraa, as the Banafsi call her) children together across the Sea of Pearls.

He has untapped potential and would likely keep an impressive entourage in missions to Banafsi.

And unlike Bruno, I don't see him threatening to sabotage other Ambassadors' missions being conducted in the interest of the state.

(Seriously, do I need to explain why this is an immediate disqualification?)

Quote~Kha'esh: Wajeeb al-Sattar

I've known Wajeeb for a long time and can vouch for his character and business acumen. He's done the Mother's work as the Well's most successful water merchant and has more than a few ideas on how to help Ephia's Well begin empiring in earnest through research and invention.

He has a strong grasp on Kha'esh's history and its culture as well as a vested interest in fostering better relations between the Well and Kha'esh. Although it's strictly commercial.

Mr. Wajeeb is trustworthy. To the point his brutal honesty in his admission that he would use his station to benefit the Alchemist Guild and his colleagues should be recognized.

Although boundaries will have to be identified and established in how far his privilege to those perks actually are, his consistent business in Kha'esh and financial ties make him approachable and known to many in the settlement already.

Just make sure he knows there's a fine line between prestige of office and treason against the state.

Assuming I don't get the privilege of doing so myself.

Quote~Spring's Gift: None

No one  has approached for this position or shown any interest. Candidates of interest and trustworthiness are few.

If need be, I'll recommend my Oathseeker Soliana for the role. She is elven, but also very loyal.

She will serve dutifully if only out of that alone.

This recommendation list is the best I can do for you on short notice. Most have not been vetted by Lieutenant Colmes.

I will tell you in person why I'm resigning later.

But organizing the ambassadors? Keeping a cohesive agenda in full effect and force?

For now, these must default to another. Or the Legates.

Know to, you will still have my advice, my counsel and aid upon request when it comes to matters of state, Zaniah.

~ Isabella de Veend.