RE: Heliograph, Janissary Garrison - to Mr. Colmes

Started by caesaropapist, May 07, 2024, 06:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caesaropapist

To Lieutenant Colmes,
and whom it may concern.

We spoke on this topic with extreme brevity, but for the sake of the People's edification and your own personal use, I have prepared this letter for you. Apologies that it will not cite the appropriate academic sources; I'm too busy for things I'm being paid much more to do.

The Heliograph, as it is understood, is a device that harnesses the light of the Sun: similar in antiquity era to our Shade, likely ranging back to the days of the Collosi or the Caliphal Pra-Rajim era of history; the earliest reports citing its usage in The Dawn Wars: an interregnum-era conflict after the collapse of the Collosi Hyper-State. It's powers are documented (I have verified this firsthandedly) capable of eviscerating an entire island in Sunlight (according to ambiguous reports and legends - some hundreds of years old).

We have reason to believe that the Archonate employed it within the last three-hundred years, by my understanding; and that there was recently some form of conflict or confidential skirmish. By the recency of it's use, I am willing to approximate that it is likely still operational, if lacking in power - therefore requiring logistical support vis a vi fuel shipments of Baublium and Wellwater, et .al, and ideally, accessible for our needs.

Doubtlessly both of us are aware that there is no practical aid that we can be offered by the Banafsi freedom fighters, but ... If you were to make the correct overtures and I coordinated with the Astronomers, we may have an alternative tool available in lieu of the need to use meteors to win our war for us.

There is some consideration of the fact that the Shade is capable of bending light and particles, therefore theoretically capable of being used as a refracting point from which to redirect solar ordinance ... which I shall bother you neither with math nor theory regarding, for I sincerely doubt you would understand or care.

Let's discuss this in person again and call for one of the Apothars to discuss this if you consider it an interesting prosect on the Orcish-Ephian hyperwar to come. You will find me at the service of the Ephian state, as ever.

WITH DUE REGARDS,
ARYMATHRAS AL-ALMADEL
OF THE SOCIETY OF THE UNLIT LAMP