Poor visibility quests and areas

Started by johanmaxon, July 17, 2019, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanmaxon

EFU should be a difficult server at times, but not because of being unable to see what is on the screen, or having seizures induced by foliage FRIKKEN GLITCHEN in and out of the camera view. I understand that when crafting areas making them pieces of art is enjoyable with all the new assets given to us by beam dog. However, even though beautiful these are not always enjoyable to play in.

Particular criminals of this are:

The Mongrelwoods and the Orc quest. A lot of trees and foliage makes it difficult to see your character, enemy characters, and obstacles on the ground. These are already dangerous areas, you need to be able to pilot your character.

Yuan-ti quest in the 95th. Also some trees that gets in the way, though not as terrible as the mongrel wood. Also not as much of a problem as it is not quite as dangerous.

The Spirit Wolves random explorable in the Frozen Tear. MY GOD how white can it be. This is whiter than driving your Toyota Prius to the yoga. Enjoying a mayo sandwich.  I stare into the whiteness of the abyss and nothing stares back into me because I have received retinal damage.

Making it a slight bit less foggy would preserve the atmosphere but make it a lot more enjoyable!

johanmaxon

I didn't mean to sound too negative with this post, even though on a second read perhaps it might come off that way. Generally it's a great job by the area creators!

**and i used enjoyable too much. Diversify is not a word in my vocabulary.

Cruzel

Yes please.

The areas are gorgeous. But mongrelwoods especially can be harrowing because of the intensity of the encounters. Being able to actually see and maneuver is pretty important.

function > looks

el groso

Well, some of you might hate me for this but... In my humble opinion, those areas (well mostly Mongrelwoods) are like that by design, and are supposed to be like that. It's a place where it's supposed to be hard to navigate, vines to 'cut through', poor visibility, shifting, etc. It gives one more level of fear factor, and the challenge it produces is somewhat meta, non mechanic, which gives it an extra spice. I personally like that, and it makes those who travel a lot these places  more keen and used to it, translating to somewhat 'locals know the place better' or something. Plus the looks of course, but I'm for the Mongrelwoods to be even more insalubrious and hazardous as sometimes it's not as scary as fabled, and it deserves respect. As for the QA I can't speak about it, I've never done the Feral Orcs quest. As for the Spirit Wolves, well, I wish the visibility was the big problem there, I'm rather traumatized at those things, they are on the list of being the most deadly spawns I've seen on EFU.

cool jewelz

I am going to have to agree with el groso. While I can understand the frustrations of navigating low-visibility areas I think it is immersive in it's own way.

It gives the jungle chase in the Mongrelwoods more feel, avoiding dangers and traps intense, etc.

Pup

"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals