Raids on Vortgyn's Rest

Started by Spiffy Has, April 11, 2011, 01:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiffy Has

I know the area isn't specially designed to handle invasion quests, so I was thinking of placing a small 'in between' area between Vortgyn's Rest and the Woods themselves, monsters would spawn at various areas of this inbetweem, and players would have to defend the camp from them.

Players would be alerted by a simple blowing of horns from the Camp which can be heard for a fair distance.

I don't know, but they idea of defending Vortgyn's Rest, a place that is in the middle of the wilderness, seems to make sense for me!

Capricious

There's been a couple attacks there before you played a Militia PC (which has been for less than a week so far). I don't think we need to request that we get scripted attacks there.

Also, if no one's online who would be defending and the spawns just loiter about that's going to create an alternate set of issues when lowbie PCs walk into the area and get jumped by dozens of monsters. Or maybe they'll run and drag them into the village itself, which is a spawn point for some characters.

el groso

Do we want a new dominion?

Semli

Not really a good area for lowbie PCs as is, what with the indigenous spawns. Kariim has the village on lockdown though so I'm not worried about monsters getting in.

Black_TopHat

Drakill Tannan

Then again, it's not a lowbie pc area, is it? Have a few inmortal ordermen in the invasion area to kill the monsters if there aren't any PCs. Some archers maybe.

VanillaPudding

As founder and top whiner of the anti-separation of the server movement, please no.

el groso

Quote from: VanillaPudding;233321As founder and top whiner of the anti-separation of the server movement, please no.

nailed

Craig210

Leave it for the DM's to run small events, no need for this to be scripted.