"/c changename"

Started by Arch Rogue, June 27, 2011, 01:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portal Rat

Quote from: TakenByVisions;246996Journals are saved as text files in your  local vault. Even with a name change your old journal would be under the  old name.
That is only true for the player's personal journal. What they're talking about here are the journal entries under Quests and Completed Quests. This is important because a lot of EfU systems will pop up a quest entry as part of a help file, and that significantly complicates implementation of CoA's workaround.

Quote from: Drakill Tannan;247016I don't think this would be a revolutionary solution. All the metagamer needs to do is click on the portait of the disguised PC in the chat bar to see the account name. Making the conection is easy after that.

The idea is not to have a perfect disguise, but to give other PCs a clear unambiguous notification that the PC in question is attempting a disguise. In practice, it would be similar to how we don't metagame a lycanthrope's identity unless we've actually seen them change forms.

DnDPnPPlayer

What about none sneaky name change

For example... often wilds characters (especially stargazers) will "name" someone.. or themselves and sometimes it can be difficult to "know" their name.  For example... I (player) know that "Trout's" name showed as "S"_something_or_other, however I always called him "Trout".  Another thing would be "overlapping" characters... such as several "Frog" or "Wolf" gazers at different times (there's probably something to prevent these from occuring at same time I'm just not aware of it). I know that Niven (my character) used to introduce herself as Genda and had the papers to "prove" it, whenever she was on the "Cursed Stone".  Also I remember one character that was originally titled "Griffon"... however lovingly was redubbed  "Fish Bait" or just "Bait"... after he willingly acted as such.

Not really a suggestion... but maybe I should keep a paper journal nearby for people's alias's.

lovethesuit

My idea was to have Disguise Kits, with different patterns for, say, Human Commoner, Male, etc. etc.. These would each have a different DC required to apply them, based on the detail involved. The DC could be determined by EfUSS Disguise + 1/2 Bluff as your total Disguise modifier. They would take 1 minute to apply, uninterrupted. Faction disguises would be possible, but faction members would get a Spot check to recognize the disguised person, based on the same system as Pick Pocket detection. Magical disguises would be available with extremely high DCs, allowing you to disguise your alignment, disguise as a monster, or certain famous NPCs in history. Imagine getting such a famous PC that a disguise is made to honour them!

Optionally, some of these disguise patterns could require base items for use. Like a Simple Robe and Pot Helm to become Pat Helms, man-about-town.