Ambient Suggestions

Started by 1dboy, May 11, 2023, 05:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1dboy

Hello wundy here

Just some ideas to help with EFU. I think the world is very cool so far, and these suggestions are meant to help to add on to them. I would implement them myself but 1) im stupid when it comes to building and 2) i dont know if DMs want any of them implemented.

Caravan Protection

There should be an ambient random spawn that lets players (up to 5) take a caravan protection job that randomly spawns, like bounty spawns, at the caravan master area. They should lead to anywhere- Qadira, Qa'im, Fomoria, etc, with different types of encounters.  Run of the mill invasion / defend the caravan, convincing a bunch of bandits to let you pass or killing them. Players get a small reward of coin for completing the protection.

Random quests spawns

While I disliked the questing system in v5, where you had to constantly explore to find what quest spawned where, I think having small quests spawn around the module do help with players exploring the module. I'm not talking explorables, think more along the lines of finding the Crosscurrents out in the rifts.  These quests should not be as rewarding as the board quests; these just provide alternatives to quests whenever the board quests are done. A lot of the time, players do their board quests then log out, since there's no incentive to explore after completing them.

Maybe going out to the rust dunes and stumbling upon a quest that's similar to Exigent Thought, for example. Or going into Fomoria and facing off some sort of ghost quest.

Voiced NPC Jobs

Similar to above, maybe have random NPCs spawn in the various taverns and offer small tasks to be done in the Well. Maybe someone owes them money and you go out and bluff/persuade/ intimidate the target into giving you the money. Maybe someone got robbed and there's a bounty type NPC in the gutters that spawns and you can fight them for the return of the purse.

This last one I'm loathe to mention, because of how silly dispensaries became, but since there's no "King's Law" any more, having things appear in the gutters like the old svirfneblin dispensary might work? Just something for people to compete over. I remember in v4 these could be FD fests, with hostage situations and other interactions between players. V5 kind of did away with that due to the king's law decree. Maybe bringing that back in some capacity would be good for EFU?

I want to end this off by saying that I do like how EFU is, and these are just my suggestions on adding onto it. I think the biggest thing is providing more 'things to do' when the board quests are done. Incentivizing players to partake in riskier but rewarding content is probably the best way to do it.