Prelude: "Eight Angry Wizards"

Started by Howlando, April 28, 2020, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

This Sunday, May 3, I will be running a brief prelude to introduce eight new PCs into the world of EFU.

Deep in the Wizard Warrens, eight wizards have gathered to learn from another - an oddball collection of apprentices, hedge-mages, and wizards of modest talent (if perhaps great ambition) who seek the learned ways of Master Wizard Golfaldus and have been accepted for study in Golfaldus' Warren.

Each Wizard represents a different spell school of Wizardy, and each player must commit to a very serious and sustained enthusiasm for their particular Spell School. This will, in the case of the less mechanically effective spell schools, be balanced by starter loot.

The primary purpose of the 8 Wizards being brought together in Golfaldus' Warren was the creation of "The Stave of the Schools," a powerful wizard staff that would grant a Wizard a variety of potent arcane gifts. The intention was to make nine of these staves, one for each of the junior wizards and for Master Golfaldus himself.

Alas, in the first attempt, there has been an accident. Golfaldus has died, and each Wizard has been bound to a smoldering stave-fragment that represents their chosen school. Furthermore, it is possible to remove the stave piece only at the moment of death.

The Wizards are thus at a loss in the Warren, the first trial a failure, their Master dead, and only a few scattered notes left to go on...

There are two solutions to this mini-plot / prelude:

1) Co-operate and successfully travel to the fabled golden city of Baz'eel, there to consult certain certain geomancers and treatises that may allow all those that reach Baz'eel to complete their stave.

2) Collect all eight fragments (through violence or simply out-living the others); with all eight fragments it may be possible for a single Wizard to complete the Stave.

Let me know on Discord or forum PM if you're interested. I'd only ask that players commit to playing their Wizard through and not simply disappear.

It goes without saying that this is not a concept for the conflict-adverse.

Howlando

Howlando

This is tentatively scheduled for Sunday May 3rd at 1 PM EST, to those I've already spoken with please let me know if there is a conflict. Further information about the prelude will be arriving to you privately.