ARedRose Small Gods Thread

Started by ARedRose, May 03, 2020, 01:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARedRose

I had a few ideas for custom Gods and wanted to share it, i want to keep a megathread here with all my ideas and any feedback. I will be updating as i flesh out my thoughts.

For now it's mostly a write up without too much thought of domains etc.
Also expect a lot of evilness here.
Hope you like them!

The Coven (small goddess of witchcraft, alchemy and herbalism)

Titles:  The Witch, The Coven
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Spells, Chaos, Magic
Favoured Weapon: Sickle

It is said that once there was a coven of witches that unlocked such esoteric knowledge that were elevated beyond physical form and became an immortal entity, a council of voices that all try to speak and commune as one. Those that dabble in alchemy and arcane secrets often try to seek out The Coven or offer a prayer when they mix their herbs and components hoping for some intervention or divine guidance in their efforts, or to simply avoid the whimsical Coven to make their work blow in their faces.

The Coven lurks around every cauldron, alchemical table and herb, watching. Sometimes only one voice is heard from the Coven, reaching out sometimes many, sometimes it's twisted and evil and sometimes appears benging and good.

-------------------------------------------------------

Note: I had a very similar idea to Loops but this i think is a more Arthurian twist.

Nythis (small Goddess of Oaths and Conviction)

Titles:  Lady of the Pond
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Water, Law, Retribution
Favoured Weapon: Greatsword

In the waters of ponds and lakes, there is a story about a lady lurking in the deeps listening to the oaths and conviction spoken. The Lady of the Pond favours those with true and powerful convictions and oaths. People are led to Ponds and lakes for the Lady of the Pond to hear their convictions. Potential liars and oathbreakers often are left there tied and immobilized and theres rumours they are pulled into the waters and drowned, often times reappearing as hungry undead, trying to atone for their lies and false conviction or simply that they Lady of the Pond revealed their true sinful self.

Sometimes these undead are put out of their misery, but sometimes from the more twisted and vile devouts are kept as slaves to force them attone for their lies and sin forever.

Clerics and devouts often speak their conviction when the lakes and ponds are calm and serene so that the lady can clearly hear them. Legend has it that when the Lady of the Lake truely favours you, a sword will submerge from the sea offered to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Zisdia (small Goddess of vain beauty and self-serving narcissism)

Titles:  The Mirror Goddess
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Domains: Charm, Nobility (thinking on the domains)
Favoured Weapon: Mace (Scepter)

Behind every young maiden's mirror and reflection are the watchful eyes of the Goddess. The Goddess watches the beauty of the world behind each mirror and reflection. It is said that the origin of the Goddess is the vanity and pettiness taking a form and will of it's own. The most beautiful (As she believes) and most petty of all she detests all things ugly. Only through beauty people can achieve success and happiness and have what they want. Ugliness should be eradicated or enslaved. Troglodytes, trolls, ugly kith they should serve their betters, be eradicated or kept away from sight.

The devouts and clerics often wear their best and cleanest attires, when addressing The Mirror Goddess and ask for her boons lest they draw her ire.

Shrines to her have mirrors so the Goddess can admire the beauty of the place devoted to her name by most devout.

Couples and young maidens and beguilers seek out her favour, as well as Knights who want to impress their Lords and court ladies and become majestic.

Gordan

I super like the Mirror Godess idea.
Mirror mirror on the wall style, some fable deity like the old-grandfather, But while he is a divinity of thieves, and the poor, this is a divinity of nobles and maidens but always on the thin line between divinity and legend..I like it very much.

i Also like the Lady of the Pond, i think the pond need more life and more things going on there and a deity like this one may truly bee a game changer, and i like the King Athur lore in it as well.