Back from the Store

Started by Howlando, October 09, 2023, 12:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

I'm back from the store, kids. Sorry I was away for a while!

I'm delighted to announce I'll be able to carve out some time with full-time DM'ing throughout the rest of this fall. I look forward to supporting the exceptional work of the current DM Team and Active Playerbase (probably many of you have no idea who I am).

As is my nature, I return with gifts. Happy to announce that:

I. We have a new faction, The Sandstone College, which is now accepting new students and visitors. See attached doc for details.

II. We will be slowly rolling out accepting Il Modo as an acceptable background for new characters. Please see attached doc for details.

We also will accepting clerics of the different Sages of the Way of the Divine Dome, the main faith of Il Modo. As clerics of the Dome / Sages should be in a significant minority, we are restricting numbers and applications will be required for Dome Clerics for at least the first couple weeks.

As part of this introduction, we are adding a new mechanic. It will now be the case that Clerics casting outside of their religion will be subject to a significant chance of spell failure for beneficial spells. All characters are now considered as belonging to four different religious groupings: Wheel Faith (main), Dome Faith, Pra'raj, and Neutral. Clerics casting a beneficial spell on a character outside of their own religious grouping / pantheon will thus have a chance of spell misfire. Currently this is IC knowledge.

IMPORTANT to note that this will strongly incentivize unaligned / neutral characters to pick a faith. For the vast majority of you, it is recommended to join any of the gods of the Wheel as they are the most important local faith.

III. I will be rolling out some other changes over the next couple weeks, including mechanical changes & opening up lots of fresh content near, far, and below Ephia's Well....

Be prepared.

Sandstone College
Il Modo Guides

SQT ART
STIRRINGS IN THE DARK

Howlando

If you're interested in playing a Cleric of the Dome Faith, contact me on Discord. The goal is a slow-roll out with players who are interested in helping develop and set a productive tone for the faith.