[To the Legates]

Started by Howlando, October 18, 2023, 09:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

A diminutive, bearded, and hooded Ashfolk dressed in ornate academic vestments delivers a letter personally

Legates,

You have accepted in your midst a viper named Q'tolip, who I must warn you was ejected from the Great Academy of Baz'eel on account of his dangerous and absurd teachings. It staggers the mind to think that he has achieved a position of some importance in this place, and seems to have been permitted to construct that outrageous and gaudy observatory atop the Eagle's Mount.

But this is not the reason I am writing today.

I have been warned, that you have seen fit, to grant to his cultic followers, the privileges of the issuing of licenses, for the practice of archaeology?

How ridiculous! How absurd! How vile!

As my colleague Professor Ghul will tell you, the practice of archaeology is a delicate and serious undertaking, and these supposed-Astronomers of Q'tolip are likely to smash priceless urns to pieces simply to gather material for their ridiculous devices... for them to be responsible of the issuing of these licenses, is utterly stupefying!

Wiser that you grant these privileges, to the Sandstone College. We are, after all, the grandest repository of priceless artifacts in all of Ephia's Well.

I will encourage my Students to follow up with you on this matter! But I am compelled to write personally to warn you against Q'tolip and his delusions!

SINCERELY

Mustapha al'Mus
Founding Faculty of Sandstone College
Doctor of Astronomy, Great Academy of Baz'eel