Alejandro Benjázar, local Storyteller

Started by Don Nadie, April 27, 2024, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Chapter defining PC tbhhhhh. Went out like a badass.

Fabulous Secret Powers

Alejandro was my favorite PC that I've seen on EFU so far, so his death hit pretty hard. I absolutely loved interacting with him on Bashir, and doing so was usually the highlight of the day for me as a player. Your dedication to the lore of the setting was so impressive that it made me interested in it more, myself, and I kind of wish I had invested in archaeology, because of that! I'm really interested in seeing what you do next!

I don't have a whole lot of non-spoilery screenshots of Alejandro, partially because there was a lot of ~lore~ and ~intrigue~ involved, and partially because I was genuinely so invested in the RP that I didn't want to stop for screenshots!

Screenies!

[close]

Hierophant

Between Eamon and Dio I had the most fun with Alejandro and he felt very human. Really awesome staple bard PC that brought the setting to life and very easy to RP with on a number of PCs tried and true. Good luck on the next!
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Abala

Great job on this PC. Really iconic and setting defining!

Ironside

I appreciated your dedication to digging deep into the mysteries laying hidden out there.  Good job.

cmenden

<3 i enjoyed alejandro's arc from idealistic storyteller to a slow tarnish from how the world affected him. gonna miss him, but looking forward to your next too

Phoebe

The curtain of night
The lark of the morning
The end of a rotting dream

Moonlighter

Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] Good. I'll get the company together here. Oh! And I had another question for you. Serious this time.
[Moonlighter] Lynneth: [Talk] [She lofts a brow.]
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] I'm not part of Alois' little coterie of hangers-on, dreaming of wooing and bedding him, and all that fine fluff. But you're a poet and one of our best. So.
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] [He folds his arms.] Who's next? After Edha.
[Moonlighter] Lynneth: [Talk] [She says immediately, and without hesitation.] Alejandro, by my eye.
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] ... I don't just mean of the poets. But that's still your answer?
[Moonlighter] Lynneth: [Talk] ... you know that he got a woman tried for treason for writing a joking riddle about the Sultan's rear end?
[Moonlighter] Lynneth: [Talk] If that is not Balladeer material, John, then what are we even doing here?
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] [He guffaws.] I did hear about that!
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] He's always... you know, his verses are... I READ this stuff. They're simple, folksy, though he's gotten more and more...
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] Well I'll tell the lad to work in some more inspiration. Goodness knows we need it these days.
Lyrist John Henry Beauregard: [Talk] Pfah! We'll do them both, then.

Bearic

Really great screenshots! Their books and works will live on.

Karp

neverwhere

Dignified repose.

Nothing to see here, people.

Elias, I don't even know what's going on anymore.

ALEJANDRO YOU HAD ONE JOB

Walrus Warwagon

What can I say...
Great PC from the great player. He was an integral part of the chapter so far, storyteller within story.

Prelude is over.

Xenoboskion

I can't really find the words to express my admiration for this effort, so I'm reluctant to even try. Easily one of the best and most defining PCs this chapter -- so obviously that it hardly bears repeating. You took this PC very seriously in a way that I admire and also strive to do with mine. You allowed the character to develop organically in a way that should be a model to us all, and as a consequence you enhanced the quality of the chapter for everyone. Alejandro himself was wonderful, and funny, and sad, and intriguing, and thought-provoking, to watch and experience and read, as a literary creation. I have a ton of screenshots which maybe I will some day post. Also, as someone who had not interacted with you on previous PCs, thank you also for just being a cool and nice player.

Thanks for all of this -- exactly the kind of effort that makes EfU magical.

AsheandCinders

An Absolutely amazing PC, despite so many meetings and chats I still wish I'd gotten to spend more time with him.

Buenas noches, dulce príncipe.