Gladiator Prelude, May 14 at 3 PM CST (GMT-6)

Started by Sternhund, May 14, 2013, 05:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sternhund

Hello! teig won the DJ contest, so as promised I am running a gladiator prelude. I apologize for the short notice, but I am on a tight schedule lately. Here is the premise of this prelude:

In the lands of Thay, the Noble Houses compete against one another to see who has the mightiest gladiators in all of the land. Players will primarily represent gladiators, while three or four will represent team managers of their respective houses. The Noble Houses promise their team managers that if they are responsible for their House's victory, they will give the manager his own ship and the gladiators so he may go start his own life elsewhere. The gladiators and managers collectively fight in the arenas for their freedom and a prosperous future.

All players are invited to join this prelude. Anyone can make a gladiator of any type. However, if you are interested in being a Team Manager, please fill out this form. I will hand pick the team managers who are best suited to play the role.

In order to join as a gladiator, just have a character ready and show up at 3 PM CST (GMT-6). (If you are late, you are also free to show up if the games are still going since the Team Managers can still purchase you as a slave.) You will be given a random level of 3-7 (which will be removed if you survive to Mistlocke).

The game mechanic rotates through the following phases:

Phase I: Slave Purchase. Team Managers bid on slaves until they run out of interest or until money runs out.

Phase II: Team Meeting. Team Managers can assign or purchase equipment for slaves, and give any needed communication, motivation, or strategy.

Phase III: Combat! Houses will either fight one another explicitly or compete against one another in some sort of obstacle. Team Managers will assign which of their gladiators will enter the combat.

Losers of the fights or obstacles are likely to be permakilled in the process.

Victory Condition: Each House begins with 10 points. For each loss a House incurs, they lose one point. A House is disqualified once they hit 0 points. The last House standing is victorious.

My goal is to have the prelude completed by 7 PM CST (GMT-6), which is four hours of time. We'll see how well I keep to that schedule.

There will also be cool perks to the winner(s), so fight to win! :-)

If you have questions, find me on IRC or send me a Forum PM. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Sternhund

Here are the Noble Houses that will likely be participating:

Tanzirk: House Tanzirk makes its wealth off of the slave trade. By using its connections, Team Managers can request access to special slave purchases that other Houses do not have the opportunity to bid on, and may receive information about slaves that other Houses are unaware of.

Zolphas: House Zolphas makes its wealth by the production and sale of alchemical items. Team Managers have access to a greater variety of potions and possibly other magical goods at a cheaper price.

Dal: House Dal makes its wealth by sponsoring and winning gladiator games. They are the current champions. House Dal's gladiators gain one level upon acquisition, and Dal gladiators have the opportunity to gain more levels if they show mighty feats of strength. (There is no other way for gladiators to gain levels in this Prelude.)

Flass: House Flass are politicians and leaders who obtain wealth by manipulation of the government. The Flass Team Manager has access to more overall funds than any other House.

Sternhund

Looking to start in approx 2.5 hours. Still need Gladiator Managers!

Sternhund

Oh god, I'm a big fat idiot. I wrote May 15 when I meant May 14. Let's not talk about it... Anyway, starting in approx 2.5 hours.

Jayde Moon

griffz wait
griffz so the prelude is happening may the 14th?
Sternhund How dumb are you, griffz?
Sternhund wait
Sternhund @$%&
Sternhund No I'm an idiot