Metaplot: "War on the Dark Lake"

Started by Howlando, February 24, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

I am recruiting players for a fairly large plot that will have a significant and fully player-determined influence on the direction of the server.

Players who have spoken with me and received further details will be invited to apply for one of two rival subrace groups, one of which is neutral/good aligned and the other being evil. Players should be comfortable playing PCs separate from the main hubs of the server, and furthermore should be comfortable with PvP although PvP-combat will not be the main basis of this plot.

It is important to note that the metaplot will directly impact the entire server and all factions; all characters will have an opportunity to participate.

I anticipate that many of you will be interested in my offer. Here is how it will work -

1) You should find me on IRC. If you are unable to do so, it probably means our time-zones don't match up very well anyway.

2) Special consideration will be given to proven players who have "earned points" with me in the past.... for example: being involved in one of my plots in the past and not abandoning the concept, dealing gracefully with a rough PvP or plot death, etc.

3) Returning players, players who can't find a place in the current setting, enthusiastic new players anxious to get involved in the stories of EFU, etc. are also welcome to approach me.

4) Players who have an active character that's involved in the life of the server should probably not approach me; I promise there will be an opportunity for your current character to get involved in perhaps a more meaningful manner

5) If we work something out in our IRC conversation, you can submit a brief application to the whole DM team for final approval. Please don't be offended if you don't make this final cut, only a small number of players will be approved to start with these groups (but there may be a possibility to join later on).

Howlando

Recruitment for this is now closed. If you have spoken with me and yet to submit your app, please do so within 24 hours.

Howlando

Thank you all for your interest. Although due to the large volume of apps we received we could not approve all of them, it's worth noting that any player is genuinely welcome to get involved in the plot - and there is a possibility of space in either subrace group opening up later.

If you've been approved, the forum account in which you sent an application should soon be set up for relevant forum access. Instructions for the next step can be found within.

Good luck...

Howlando

I will be accepting one or two additional applications for PCs to join up with the drow group a bit late, as their numbers have been thinned. Drow, half-drow, or monstrous humanoid slave-races would be appropriate. Contact me on IRC if you're enthusiastic about the idea.

Additionally, unrelated (maybe?), but I'm running an event in approximately 11 hours.

Howlando

OK, applications are closed again (unless you've spoken with me).

Howlando

There is another (final) opportunity to get involved in this.

Although torn apart by infighting and fractured by mutiny, the remainder of Captain D'rul's drow fleet have 'allied' (enslaved?) with the recently arrived numerous Snaphiss tribe of kobolds. The Snaphiss kobolds have provided a large number of skirmishers and scouts to assist the drow with their conflict and scout out the caves in search of opportunities.

Any player not otherwise directly involved in this plot may make a standard kobold PC with the last name of Snaphiss and be considered as a member of this group.

The Snaphiss kobold skirmishers will be expected to be allied with the drow (unless you consult with me), and will loyally serve them in whatever way possible.

Snaphiss kobold PCs do not a require an application or even a conversation with me prior to start. Successfully and seriously played Snaphiss kobolds will have the opportunity to receive forum access, access to a faction area, special loot, and other prizes from their drow masters.

These PCs will likely be a short concept, however.

Other standard rules regarding playing kobolds apply.

Howlando

As probably all active characters know, the drow are threatening to INVADE. Things will start probably around this time. Large events are often laggy and frustrating, please just don't come if you're going to get OOC'ly grumpy about things. I imagine there will be limited space anyway.

In an an effort to make things lag free, the module will be in a slimmed down form - many areas (including all quest areas) will be removed. If you spawn in some strange distant locale there may be spawn point issues.