Alberic Steelsworn - The Impaler

Started by Red_Judas, December 05, 2020, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Judas

QuoteAlberic was the older twin of Olberic, and the commoner son of a knight. The two were meant to become clergy, but his parents favour had always been on Olberic to eventually lead the faith. When Olberic tragically died, Alberic was motivated to earn his parents favour by accomplishing what his brother could not.

Having dedicated a significant portion of his life to furthering the cause of the faith, he became instrumental in forming the doctrine and tradition of the Lord Departed and stepping into the role of the Restored Vestry's first Lord's Bishop. The Blessed Gallant IV!

I loosely based Alberic Steelsworn on Prince Vlad Tepes. I was to work in the shadows, hiring people to do my work so I wouldn't have to get my hands dirty, and to build a garden of impaled heretic corpses. I would absolutely compromise and work with heretics, or obvious spies, if it meant pushing the Vestry's agenda forward. I was pragmatic in that sense. I made a ton of enemies, and some unlikely allies, in the process.  Eventually, the idea was to grow my power enough to simply divest myself of the Ward and establish a High Holy See somewhere else.

Although Alberic was written as a sinner and charlatan, he was in total denial of it. He thought himself infallible, and his voice to be the voice of God. One thing that plagued Alberic, despite being such a vocal voice against it, was fear. Alberic didn't want to die and so he made sure he was always surrounded by some sort of safety net. He only liked to move if he was sure of victory. In the end, his fear was tested over and over again. His last act, while no one will ever know what it was, was one of self-sacrifice.

Alberic is survived by his beloved Alethea, and joined at the gates of heaven by Eleleleleth, Enos, Mandy, and Deva. He will fondly remember Helyna and Angrammon. And, of course, he was honoured to have joined Leon Tegyr, Ucygeos, and Kric on their quest to complete Oathkeeper.

[hide][/hide]
Rest of a weary priest in the further reaches.

[hide][/hide]
The Kingward Pilgrimage

[hide][/hide]
The armour I won for slaying an ogre chieftan.

[hide][/hide]
I made the character of Gallant I up two days before.

[hide][/hide]
Then I was given his sword and I almost cried.
Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

Ziya

A great PC and ally. El was always more than a bit wary of him, but he did redeem himself at the end. May we share stories again someday.

Archivist

Knight Of Pentacles

SamB123

Angramon saw Alberic as a sort of natural ally. Both were religious and lawful. It was fitting.

It would have been cool to establish a Holy See together elsewhere, but death by dragon fight was a pretty badass way for both to go out. I don't think it's too much to say they died as brothers, not just as allies.

Quarterdragon

Due to a certain grudge I didn't interact with him much but Alberic was a very well-devised character.  I love where you took the concept, and even if there wasn't much intricacy to our specific interactions due to Verent's cold-shouldering of the oathbreaker he begrudgingly had to respect for his position in the faith, it was fun to play.

parthenos