Informative/Propaganda Sendings

Started by Red_Judas, February 22, 2014, 08:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Judas

Much like how there's a Watcher who announces posted bounties, I think there should be automatic sendings by the Heralds.

Sendings like "Remember to turn over all undeclared baublium to the nearest Spellguard Official. Every piece of baublium is worth more than the thickest walls."

Or "The Dread Empire doesn't take breaks, and neither should you! A workers labour is tantamount to victory!"

Even "Thralls may walk among us! Ensure that you receive a checkup regularly, and have your papers updated by a Spellguard Representative."

Thoughts?

Comments?

Suggestions?
Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

Polite Kinsman

I would really, really enjoy the addition of any of these. Such ambient messages are what brings life to efu. So long as they don't occur every five minutes as they may get annoying after such. Maybe one every twenty minutes?

Other sending examples:

"Seen a crime? Report it to the Watch! Only a thrall would be mindless enough not to!"

"Strong goods are Sanctuary made! Weapons found elsewhere pale to the work of Sanctuary metal!"

"The Directorate would like to remind you that graffiti and wall writing is not appreciated and will be punished severely."

"Remember citizens! A good lowersman is a dead lowersman!"

TheTurboNerd

"War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength."

Moonlighter

This is a pretty cool idea. Go full Orwellian 1984 status?

"The Auxiliary would like to remind you that travel within the Machine is forbidden without a license or oversight!"

"You are urged to report any sightings of suspicious behavior to the nearest official of Sanctuary."

"Always remember: The Spellguard Cares."

Sankis

I like the idea, but this is the sort of thing that feels more meaningful if it's done by players. It seems like it'd cheapen it a bit otherwise.

Dillusionist

While a cool idea, I echo Sankis' sentiment that using the sending system for messages and propaganda has the potential to steal players' thunder. The Spellguard Cares campaign, if I recall, was a player initiative after all!

A nice middle-ground might be to do something akin to the ambient messages you'd seein EFU:M from standing around town: guy falling off old stones, rumors about Ruby Spies, women swooning over gadyw's expulsion of PISSANTS, etc.

Ryan

A return of ambient messages would be great, yeah. They really helped reinforce that "small town" feeling as well as the occasional (or frequent) disturbing quality of the setting at large. Wouldn't mind seeing that sort of thing done up for Sanctuary.