'Historical' loot cases

Started by Sankis, September 24, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sankis

I think it'd be neat if certain factions (Sojourners, Society, and Spellguard at least) had a viewing case such as what's in the House of Knowledge to display the armor, weapons, and items of prominent persons from the faction. The Society, for example, has armor and weapons from various dead Ordinants that we'd feel bad about destroying but have no real means to display it. Something similar could also exist to display falconer'sbounty hunter/hero club trophies in the Grotto.

Perhaps this could be a reward from the donations boxes?

VanillaPudding

I think it would be better if the -very recent- trend of loot not oocly being character specific a better idea, at least for the most part. If we want to see famous things that don't disrupt the vestigial feeling of balance then the best option is to simply leave them in play longer.

(See a rather interesting EPEE still floating around, etc)

Damien

I hate this idea. It will just turn into boasting, and what will happen is the same people will put in their friends loot.

If any character does anything truly memorable dms usually place something to represent it.

Though I'm still waiting for my statues.

Knight Of Pentacles

Suggested this before.  I think every association and faction needs one of these to display novelty items, trophies, historical artifacts, etcetera.

Stranger

I was under the impression that loot had been veering away from the character-specific trend of early EFU:R, and I liked how certain items changed hands or trickled down through time.

I'm a huge fan of server history, though, and love looking over the heroic artifacts of those who came before. The staff does such a great job with personalized equipment in that examination tells a story of the great deeds or characterization of its original owner.