Earthquakes and Other Tremors

Started by Red_Judas, September 26, 2014, 02:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Judas

So every other DM quest seems to start with a tremor of some kind. Occasionally I'll see a quest pop up and crack a joke about it not having a tremor this time, only to realize I've spoken too soon.

Now, many people have made the argument that Dunwarren is geologically unstable. But these tremors never seem to be of a natural geological nature. Instead it's almost always something minor.

I could ask you guys to stop, but I have something better in mind. [COLOR="Red"]Add in a script that causes regions to shake periodically.[/COLOR] Maybe throw in a little scripted message about where the shaking came from. I just want some justification for the massive amounts of shaking because it happens so often in DM quests that it's just a joke to me now. You would think most of it would at least be natural.
Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

xXCrystal_Rose

The underdark does have very common tremors and earthquakes, bear in mind, as the caverns are very regularly shifting, collapsing, opening, and grinding against eachother :) Grumbar's whole concept of unchanging stone is thrown out the window.