EFUSS, farming

Started by derkot, January 11, 2018, 03:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

I know what many secondary skills is just for flavor and RP but I noticed what secondary skill farming is have huge disadvantage.
From guide about EFUSS it says what farming skill is using mostly for flavor and helps with roll to gather random herbs which you no need to plant such as few common mushrooms around.

I had experience to play on druid and I noticed what druids actually can understand how many time plants can be harvested and without any secondary skills because using their druidic-nature sense and that is okay.

But then in other hand I have character who is not druid but who has 10 points in farming secondary skill. But this character can't say how many time plant can be harvested without killing it.

I think what 10 points(or even 7-8?) can be enough to unlock such feature for characters and make this secondary skill more useful and many points in this skill can represent knowledge about plants and understanding how many times plant can be harvested without druidic sense of nature. If mechanically that can be done - then it will be great tiny change.
Thanks.
Радостное одиночество.

BrownSuit

Dredi

Having 10 in farming does give you a chance to be able to identify if your next pull from the plant will kill it. - It just doesn't proc every time like Druid or Ranger does

derkot

Tested in game.
Yes, if spam and click on plant there will be soon or later message about if harvesting can kill or not.
Seems all the time I was just very unlucky to see this message.
Perhaps this chance can be little increased? Because like clicking in hope see message for me sounds like little abuse of system.
But anyway, I think topic now not important at all since this feature already in game.
Thanks Dredi.
Радостное одиночество.

Dredi

Oh, Its also worth noting that farming also increases the chance of collecting certain non-plantable fungi in the dark. Lenitellius for example.