[hide=The Grand Queue.][/hide]

[hide=Toying with House Culdrake.]

[/hide]

[hide=Giving poor Derek some help with his grieving process ...]

[/hide]

[hide=A farewell to Frank, fellow Mammonite.][/hide]

[hide=Pet kobold.][/hide]

[hide=Introducing Elodie to interesting new people.][/hide]

[hide=Not a screenshot, but the log of Bláthnaid's final conversation with Rysko Kisto ...]
[DM] The Samophlange : [Tell] Though you have not been mangled, your treatment has been harsh. You have been beaten on countless occasions, at times so badly you thought you might die. But the guardians of this place are as efficient as they are cruel, and you have survived.

[DM] The Samophlange : [Tell] You have been nearly starved throughout your stay, forced to subsist on a disgusting gruel that is brought to you only once a day. When you are not sleeping, you are made to perform many menial tasks. You are no stranger to the concept of breaking a slave to bring it to heel, but you have gained a fresh respect for how ruthlessly effective they can be.

[DM] The Samophlange : [Tell] For now you have been left alone to rest, waiting for the buyers to arrive...

Rysko Kisto: What the fu-

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Seeming lost in her own dark thoughts, her lilac eyes fixed on the fire, she seems not to notice Rysko just yet.]

Rysko Kisto: [The diminuative figure's skull lets out an eruptive laugh]

Rysko Kisto: HAH!

Rysko Kisto: Ahahahahaha!

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Her long, healthy left ear, and her cropped right ear, twitch at the sound of the familiar voice ...]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She slowly turns her head to look over towards the bars.]

Rysko Kisto: Holy shite. That's rich...You're what's on the block for us todark?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She stares at Rysko like a cave worm might at its prey. Her pale lilac eyes are empty of everything save a profound, dark, icy cold hatred, as vast and as calm as the Underdark itself.]

Rysko Kisto: I just...I dunno. I thought you were at Vuhln or some shite.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Then her face turns into a smile, and she slowly gets up from the fire.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Kisto.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : What an unexpected delight.

Rysko Kisto: Blath. Nice to see y'again.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I'm surprised it took you this long to locate me.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : You really have lost your touch.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : But that's not surprising.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I expect you'll have relaxed in my absence, hm?

Rysko Kisto: Nah.

Rysko Kisto: Things've been nice. Lowers aboomin'.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Just not trying very hard, then. I see.

Rysko Kisto: Aye. Y'were gone. Figured you had hunkered off to Vuhln or the like.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Truth be told, I never really did understand why you wanted me dead in the first place.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I just chalked it up to your ... capriciousness.

Rysko Kisto: Nah. I ain't so capricous like. But there's some machinations afoot.

Rysko Kisto: Oaths taken an' all that business, eh?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She idly adjusts the fit of her gloves, which like the rest of her outfit, are perhaps surprisingly perfectly clean and tindy.] Machinations, hm?

Rysko Kisto: [The defiled skull atop the diminuative halflings head presses against the bars] Aye, as there be always.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : You must pardon my ignorance. I've been somewhat ... how do you surfacers say ... "out of the loop", yes?

Rysko Kisto: Understandably so. I trust you've been findin' ways to keep amused though?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I've been counting kobolds. [She says, without looking up from her gloves.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She looks to have been rather harshly treated. Her physical condition is less than ideal.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She appears in fact to have been on the receiving end of regular beatings.]

Rysko Kisto: Well, y'always did have yourself more than a knack for finding joy in most everything.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Mm. Quite. ... So. There's an auction on tonight, is there?

[DM] The Samophlange : [Shout] Several boats set across the tumultuous oozing waters of the Dark Lake, charting a course towards Sorrowfeast. Word of an unusual auction begins to spread its way back towards Dunwarren, with those not bold enough to go themselves chattering about what might be for sale.

Rysko Kisto: So the palavar says.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Mm. Then I expect I shall be the grand prize of the evening.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I certainly haven't seen any other guests here that would merit any major commerce.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : What a delight of irony that I should learn of this auction from your lips, of all people, Kisto.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I've always believed in fate.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : It seems yours and mine are intertwined in a way I could never have imagined when I first met you.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She approaches the bars languidly.]

Rysko Kisto: Ah? Tween you and me, never much for it m'self.

Rysko Kisto: [Casually steps from the bars as he glances about] Crowd a bit thick though, eh?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She moves closer to the bars, putting her gloved hands against them and peering out calmly.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She seems ... to freeze for a moment as she spots Hibbet.]

Rysko Kisto: Heh. Red Lantern an' all that, eh?

Rysko Kisto: Small world.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : ... Mm.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : And growing smaller every night.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Her lilac eyes shift back to Kisto.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : And what brings you to Sorrowfeast, little spider?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I understood you to be so /very/ opposed to slavery, mm?

Rysko Kisto: 'Course. Last time I were here though? Folk bought tons of slaves an set'em free like.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [A faint smile settles on her lips.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : One is free to do what one wishes with a slave.

Rysko Kisto: Word is though the Squids also got a deal with folk here.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : It is their habit to have deals with everyone.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She regards the steps to the platform for a moment.]

Rysko Kisto: True'nough.

Rysko Kisto: More than a few folk think they can survive by doin' that.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Mm.

Rysko Kisto: [Glances over the Orog a moment]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Well, little spider, if you need me, I won't be far, yes?

Rysko Kisto: Hrm? Oh. Nah, I'm just here t'watch the Show.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Mm ...

Rysko Kisto: Games meant to be played by rules an' such, eh? Hardly sporting.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I did want to star on stage. Perhaps this is my consolation prize for being denied the Shevarashan's play.

Rysko Kisto: How'd y'end up in this mess, if I y'don't mind me asking?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Her voice comes back somewhat mirthless, even as she speaks in her usual polite manner.] Where'd be the fun in giving that away? Don't you want to unravel the mystery yourself?

Rysko Kisto: Nah. I ain't much for riddles, espionage, an' the like.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Just games.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : And sport.

Rysko Kisto: Aye, but different sorts. Be like how some folk favorin' Royal Dragon over Lanceboard.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I prefer sava, myself. [She smirks.]

Rysko Kisto: Sava? Wozzat?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : A bit like your Lanceboard.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Except, of course, far superior, being the ancient pastime of the Ilythiiri people.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Patience is key. A game of sava can last a very long time, Kisto.

Rysko Kisto: True enough.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [Her gloved fingertips brush almost affectionately over the bruised skin of her arm.]

Rysko Kisto: Were a shame y'chose to go with the bint over some honest business though. Breakin' into Dhimani's Lab woulda been a riot.

Rysko Kisto: Always wanted to steal'em arm.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I explored different possibilities.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : But most of them required reliance on others.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Others who proved too slow, too incompetent, or too cowardly.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : If you want something done properly, you do it yourself.

Rysko Kisto: Pfeh. Don't I know it, eh?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Do you still want me dead, Kisto?

Rysko Kisto: Dunno.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She smirks.]

Rysko Kisto: Been an interestin' week.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I can only imagine ... literally.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : What news, hm?

Played me a bit of Witch's Wheel. Got myself a genuine prophecy.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Prophecy ...

Rysko Kisto: Mhm. Trip to the Far Realms.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Prophecy has a way of changing one's perspective, doesn't it?

Rysko Kisto: Mhm. Rysko Kisto: I miss the little shit, y'know?

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : Who? ...

Rysko Kisto: No. I mean. The little shit. The boring stuff. Y'kick over one little anthill and suddenly folk comin' outta the woodwork.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She laughs softly.]

Rysko Kisto: Folk wantin' to work with you, folk wantin' to work against you, folk tryin' to assassinate you in the alleys, folk spendin' a fortune to ward'emselves from your comin'.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : I like to think I tried to advise you against certain choices which you nevertheless proceeded to make.

Rysko Kisto: Nah.

Rysko Kisto: Wager I'm just about where y'want me.

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : [She snickers.]

Blathnaid Augzau'ren : You flatter me. After all, would I be /here/ if things had gone as I planned? ...[/hide]

[hide=IT'S THE NEW YOU!][/hide]

[hide=No-one wants to play anymore.][/hide]

[hide=Except the Waif.][/hide]

The following have been posted in other obit threads, and are reposted here.

Rhyldryn:

[hide=That time Bláthnaid and Rhyldryn broke into the Garden of the Elves.][/hide]

[hide=Practicing wilderness survival.][/hide]

[hide=Embarrassing older brother.][/hide]

[hide=Showing the others at the bar how it's (not) done.]

[/hide]

[hide=Rhyldryn tries to impart some profound insights on Bláthnaid. It doesn't go well.]

[/hide]

[hide=A tribute to Zendrae.]

[/hide]

[hide=A conversation on the subject of pets and of pests ...][hide=1][/hide]
[hide=2][/hide]
[hide=3][/hide]
[hide=4][/hide]
[hide=5][/hide]
[hide=6][/hide]
[hide=7][/hide]
[hide=8][/hide]
[hide=9][/hide]
[hide=10][/hide]
[hide=11][/hide][/hide]

[hide=Rhyldryn ties up some loose ends at Vhuln, but ends up owing his life to Bláthnaid.][hide=1][/hide]
[hide=2][/hide]
[hide=3][/hide]
[hide=4][/hide]
[hide=5][/hide]
[hide=6][/hide]
[hide=7][/hide]
[hide=8][/hide]
[hide=9][/hide]
[hide=10][/hide]
[hide=11][/hide]
[hide=12][/hide]
[hide=13][/hide]
[hide=14][/hide]
[hide=15][/hide][/hide]

[hide=Rhyldryn talks Bláthnaid down from her plans of insane vengance.]

[/hide]

[hide=Rhyldryn literally sold Bláthnaid into slavery. It ... put a strain on their relationship.][hide=1][/hide]
[hide=2][/hide]
[hide=3][/hide]
[hide=4][/hide]

A few hours earlier ...

[hide=5][/hide]
[hide=6][/hide]

Ten days later ...

[hide=7][/hide][/hide]

Elodie:

[hide=An early conversation between Elodie and Bláthnaid, and Mercy.][hide=1][/hide]

[hide=2][/hide]

[hide=3][/hide]

[hide=4][/hide]

[hide=5][/hide]

[hide=6][/hide][/hide]

[hide=The beginnings of a star-crossed business partnership.]

[/hide]

[hide=Get you a business partner that can do both]

[/hide]

[hide=Bláthnaid also served as Elodie's therapist. She always lent a ready ear to her past traumas.][/hide]

[hide=Elodie is taught a lesson in the ART OF THE DEAL]

[/hide]

[hide=Let's play a game.][/hide]

[hide=Spooky bonus screen][/hide]

Kisto:

[hide=How do you solve a problem like Elodie?][/hide]

[hide=Getting personal.][/hide]

Culdrake:

[hide=Riddles.][/hide]

derkot

Good one drow. Even after death.
Радостное одиночество.

cmenden

Stranger

Artfully sinister. Eloquent. Manipulative.

Blathnaid was a treasure and the server is poorer without her.

Pandip

Blathnaid was a really phenomenal influence on Sanctuary -- one who was made even better by the fact that she somehow hand her hand in every cookie jar despite being psychologically manipulative instead of physically aggressive.

henchman93

Loved her!! Great to see such a well played Drow female. One of those characters that made me feel immersed in the setting. :)

Bladepit

That is an excellent screenshot from the climb we did. I have a good bunch of more which I'll hopefully upload later.

I am very happy to have come encounter Blathnaid IG. Thank you for the good times!

IIIIIIIII

Extremely well played drow lady. An exceptional mix of class and menace.

Chiaroscuro

Finally posted my screenshots in here, see post #2.