Wildshape and size.

Started by derkot, June 25, 2019, 07:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

Suggestion: make hitbox of all medium(or even some big ones) wildshapes smaller.
Minor suggestions: make lizard wildshape breath underwater
Another minor suggestion: make snakes wildshape able to pass through cracks(rat can pass, but snake can't).

Reasons:

Some wildshapes have very big hitbox. Such big what it makes impossible to explore some areas and use it in quests.
Many new custom wildshapes which uses some big models mostly often can stuck in middle of somewhere.
Here I am attaching screens how I am tried to explore some  areas in lizard and giantfrog form.

Exploring only two areas I have found very many "invisible walls", some objects what was making impossible to reach some places, objects and what more important areas transitions.
Since many areas in EFU:COR have many narrow passages and some quests uses some narrow places as well - it can make impossible to play in wildshape.

I used next wildshapes: slug, lizard, giantfrog.
I am sure what many other wildshapes what looks visually big but counted as medium sized may have exactly same issue.
Радостное одиночество.

Dillusionist

Yeah its a Project Q issue. Most of those models have thrice the hitbox of core NWN creatures for no good reason.

Reducing model size is something we'd like to do with the haks next we update them!

granny

I would like to bring this issue back. Some new shapes are too awesome to go on wasted due of impossibly of using them, like the giant frog, for instance.

Scrappa-yeti

This applies to models that are not wildshapes as well.

The giant slug creates more RP than some of my more popular characters, as people decide if they are going to kill it or walk the long way around the Drips; while underwater the giant frog seem to be scripted to wedge itself into underwater passageways, but only if you have less than 10 rounds oxygen time left. 

WriterX

The Giant Frog is an especially, well, big problem. I have seen it get stuck almost everywhere.

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

The problem of being GIANT. is that you can find it hard to navigate in tight spots..

granny

Quote from: Bacon_Cheese_Burger on October 04, 2019, 09:16:31 AM
The problem of being GIANT. is that you can find it hard to navigate in tight spots..

Giant Spiders don't have the same issue. Also, it doesn't make much sense for a frog having so much trouble to navigate in an environment like the water. Also, it's not so much about tight spots. It's more about placeables that make it impossible for some wildshapes/ summons/ companions/ monsters to get through.