Make Woodland Stride feat grant immunity against entangle effect.

Started by derkot, April 14, 2020, 12:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

Currently, Woodland Stride feat gives immunity to spells such as grease, web and entangle but this feat does not protect from tangle effect which comes from different sources such as tanglefoot bag, on-hit effects/attacks, special abilities(like spiders and their web bolt), effect from items and so on which makes druids very vulnerable against things what they supposed to have immunity. Previously druids had form which granted such immunities but form was somewhat nerfed.
Радостное одиночество.

Damien

No way, druids get enough freebies...

They have one of the best movement speeds, easy leveling, high saves, HP and AC, and get FOM at level 7 if they  want.

Personally I think it is all but poetic a druid shifted into an animal falls entrapped to a man made netting such as tanglefoot bags, of course they'd have to probably roll a 5 or less first...

derkot

Druids have low reflex save progression. I am a great fan of using different wildshape forms for different situations but this was taken out from wildshape, that is why I am making a suggestion to adjust feat.
Web spell and entangle spell have similar entangle effect on failed save and it is a bit silly what this feat does not protect from very same effect if that comes from different sources.
From description of tanglefoot bag:
The round, small leather bag is full to bursting with an alchemical goo. Once exposed to air, the goo becomes tough and resilient, able to hold a creature in place for up to 2 rounds.
It is not just some net but a goo. Though I agree with what druids can use FOM spell to avoid it but they do not have good spellslot progression(also made about it another suggestion here) and usually 4th spell slot going for stoneskin.
Радостное одиночество.

Trevor White

Makes sense as it is to me. Druids, as practitioners of nature magic, have immunities to some sorts of nature magic (You just named 3 druid spells in the post, since Web is a druid spell on EFU). They don't have immunity to booby traps.

Druids have good Fort and Will, so it's hard to pin them down with things like Cloud of Bewilderment, Ray of Enfeeblement or Hold Person. There's a world of difference between "I'm immune to friendly fire from my own snare effects" and "I'm immune to the crowd control abilities that target my weak save"
This is Egon.  He's been away so long he forgot both his normal account name AND the email account he used to register it. So now he's on an alt account until he fixes this :P

Disorder

In my opinion the woodland stride feat meant to represent how druid navigate in the wilderness avoiding various natural strands like lianas, sticky weeds, etc. Why wouldn't they be immune to a bag filled with strands is beyond my understanding. Must be because tanglefoot bags were added into nwn with expansion packs, while the feat woodland stride originates from vanilla OC.

whyemmdee

Tanglefotos are a universal but limited resource for every class to try and deny AC and offer at least some manner of gated crowd control.  Woodland stride is mostly meant so you can run around in your own AoE effects.

You have a specific spell called Freedom of Movement to make you immune to tanglefoots.  NWN is a very old game and its class infrastructure is incredibly archaic. "It's logical" is not a good argument when it comes to balancing a wonky game like this because a lot of what is currently already in place is already illogical in the extreme.

tchundere