Druids, Make Hide and Move Silently as class skill for them.

Started by derkot, February 13, 2023, 04:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

Druids in EFU known as big ninja stealthers because of their wildshapes which always was granting them about +15 - +20 to stealth skills and all druidic items was granting stealth as well. Now at current moment while there no access to wildshape druids lost that feature but they do still have powerful spells that boosts stealth, To make it currently work it will take a lot of feats, items and still will be not enough to hide from some simple monsters. 

If left as it is, all stealth spells will just become as a source of money for character with brew potion and not for any actual use.
Perhaps it is too early for me to write and suggest something like this but maybe it is not.
Радостное одиночество.

Random_White_Guy

I don't hate this idea, especially with the new settings and obstacles thrown.

Druids don't have a way to bypass DR, They don't have Flame Weapon, they don't have Imp Invis. Not that every class -needs- to be the same.

But to me Druids wander the wilds regularly, and live as hunters, and have tendency for ferality and etc.

Them not having Hide/MS in the era of adding social skills/more skills/etc feels off.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Vlaid

Making stealth a class skill and magic weapon (or some druidic themed alternative equivelant similar to how stellar blade is an off brand flame weapon), seems like they would be good tweaks.

VanillaPudding

They are basically nature clerics but missing a bunch of AC from full plate in trade for stealth, which isn't a class skill,  while also sacrificing the ability to enjoy the luxuries of civilization for too long.  I'd agree that this should be made a class skill but maybe camouflage should be spread out to some other casters as well.

Dremen

They are a class with built in spells to improve their ability to hide, on top of historically a lot of druid equipment providing those skills. They're a strong class with their toolkit,  I don't necessarily think they need this too.

derkot

Quote from: Dremen on February 14, 2023, 03:27:12 PM
They are a class with built in spells to improve their ability to hide, on top of historically a lot of druid equipment providing those skills. They're a strong class with their toolkit,  I don't necessarily think they need this too.

Wildshape was giving large boost to stealth to druids so even with 0 skill investment druids was able to reach 35+ stealth and hide on level 6.
Now, after I have found some druidic shops, all druidic items still using bonuses to hide and ms, but character will need to put all feats and a lot of skills to make it barely work.
Радостное одиночество.

Ethikos

In v5 I played a druid who did not shape shift frequently, without wild shape NPCs can detect you per above. Your move silently is not high enough without shape shift to reliable pass the listen check. PC wise, same holds true if the PC in question has points in listen. To my shame I once even got detected by a pure fighter build (we dont talk about that...  8)).

Above assumes the base monster balance is relatively the same detect wise in v6. Seems to be true so far based on my initial exploration of the module.

In addition, without wild shape you do not have a reliable way to pierce damage resistance. Druids as is do not have magic weapon / dark fire / or some equivalent of divine power to boost your AB.  They do get Herald of Winter but that is a level 5 spell.

I think people are overestimating how powerful the class is without wild shape.