Edger Viatio Sanpress - How I accidentally became a Red Shirt

Started by bobofwestoregonusa, January 10, 2016, 11:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobofwestoregonusa

Edger was sort of just an alt of mine, intended to be a merchant lord rogue who would try to fannagle his way into the prefecture and work on the goal of out-riching Gould and Mouldcrest. He did not turn out that way, and instead I ended up getting completely involved in the Society at the very last few days of their lifetime.

I had actually logged onto that character by accident looking for something new to do after Ordvuul, and ended up settling for him and going "Well okay, this will due." From there I followed a trail of blue lights out of the Siege Works and into the Low Road. It dissipated but in it's place came some Ordiants. Not even asking permission, I followed them wordlessly for a while into the depths of the Lowerdark to Ysionde searching for the lights. Instead what they found were the hoards of dread! Edger used his trusty pieceofshit shortsword with no properties on it and began sneak attacking things to surprising effect, proving that rogues are useful at any level so long as they hit!

After the hoards really thickened up Edger ended up having to spend most of his time covering instead of fighting, so he let Algran do most of the killing instead while Dess told them to run the hell away! Three minutes of Algran being hard headed later, they ran!

Eventually they found their way, with the help of a benevolent druid, to an icy cave in the Rotlands. There they fought their way through elementals and animated Imiskari golems to a secret vault hidden from time.. There they found a great and powerful dragon which they freed, and Edger promptly and greedily took some of its amethyst scales with him.

From then on he went from being a merchant to a guy who was in way over his head and scared of everything! He knew he was going to die, so he did!

You were a better Oathsworn than you ever were a merchant Eddy.

RIP ALT HOMMIE

Aethereal

I approve of this story. Good job.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.