A couple of PvP courtesy notes:

Started by Pandip, March 25, 2014, 03:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

Please do not do the following things in the middle of combat:

• Kill somebody with a FD.

• Rifle through somebody's pack and run away.

• Blackout somebody and pick up their corpse, whether they're ally or enemy.

• Get up before a DM or the subduing player tells you to.

One or more of these has happened in almost every PvP I've been involved in over the course of EFUR, and the fact that it's a recurring issue is a bit concerning. I'm not entirely sure if these things are outright frowned upon outside of the last one, but they're pretty shiesty and discourteous nonetheless.

Caddies

All of those things are very much permissible on EFU. It's what makes it so great! Courtesy is a matter of taste; these suggestions may or may not be courteous, its entirely circumstantial.

LordOfBones

#4 is against the rules

The rest is legit

LiAlH4

They are all guidelines, though we always encourage good PVP karma... but this one is a rule:

QuoteGet up [from subdual] before a DM or the subduing player tells you to.

Quote from: "PvP Rules"If you have been subdualed, you should remain on the ground until the  PvP is resolved or until you have DM permission to get up. This includes  situations where there is mass fighting going on, and you have been  healed. If you have been subdualed, you are down and should remain so  regardless of any other situation.

Caddies

The Old Hack

Ah, just a clarification question here: I thought that number two was considered to be rather dubious if you were not part of the PvP the 'rifled' character was downed in? As in, just happening to witness the PvP and then looting from a downed character while the rest of the combatants are still busy fighting each other.

Equinox

Aside from the last point this post is rather stupid and mis-informative especially towards our newer players who are still learning the ways of EFU. Posting up your personal opinions on how pvp should go under the guise of "PvP Courtesy" like it's a set of facts is just confusing and contradictory.

PvP is not meant to be all smiles and hugs, war and fighting is gritty in it nature, and whilst I can see you likely want to try and avoid people wordlessly FDing in big battles etc (which is understandable) sometimes I will pvp a group simply to BO or FD that one pc within them. Are you saying that in order to do so I must subdue everyone in that team before I am free to kill my target?  

Because frankly that is utterly preposterous.

Paha

Recently many of these discussion have been rising up and while it's understandable and even desired for people to discuss and understand general good "conduct", rules and possibilities of great stories, rivalry and RP, these are being very repetitive. On top of that they are growing to be fest for bickering eventually.

We got rules, we got pvp guidelines, read them and if you have doubts, ask a DM. If there's a bigger problem or a mess, reach to a DM to sort it out. Notion is appreacited, but I'll be locking this down now.