Make relics 20% more common

Started by Ernesto, April 09, 2020, 09:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernesto

As title says. 

I don't even play cleric, but it seems to me and many others in the recent discord chat, that relics are way too rare these days. Considering the many different domains as well as the particular relic's stats, often enough, even those you find, you either cant or dont want to use.

Anyway, discuss

Charnelist

I feel for the relic guardians out there, but I'm just not sure that injecting more (extremely niche) items into the loot tables is going to make things better for anyone. Most of us aren't looking for relics or for something to sell to that one guy who can use it.

I think we could do with more relics around, sure. But hopefully not in a way that compromises general loot from exploring and questing, cuz that'd be wack.

That's my 2c

Howlando

Like many things this is somewhat of a work in progress, but the plan is to eventually have ready access to relics for each of the Small Gods.

Vlaid

Quote from: Charnelist on April 10, 2020, 02:37:09 AM
I feel for the relic guardians out there, but I'm just not sure that injecting more (extremely niche) items into the loot tables is going to make things better for anyone. Most of us aren't looking for relics or for something to sell to that one guy who can use it.

I think we could do with more relics around, sure. But hopefully not in a way that compromises general loot from exploring and questing, cuz that'd be wack.

That's my 2c

This has been a bit of a misconception for a long time. Relics don't take the place of regular loot when found, they are almost always their own loot containers that spit out only relics and would not be there otherwise giving you different loot.