Remove the damage from Knockdown

Started by 9lives, May 18, 2010, 07:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9lives

lolmagics

I'd rather see an alternate solution myself, but agree with the post in general I think. If it's possible to prevent the SPAM KD that might be better, otherwise I'd like to see the damage removed.

9lives

Or possibly make it 50% damage or something..

Relinquish

Maybe something where it isn't a sure thing against specific classes.

Howlando

I suspect this is impossible.

BrittanyPanthas

If it could be done to that and disarm(Except unarmed disarm), then great.  That'd bring it a bit more in line with what its intended to do.

12 Hatch

A global Discipline bonus might be a way to make Knockdown less effective, but unfortunately that would also weaken Disarm and Called Shot.

Yalta

Is Knockdown really that powerful? -4 is a pretty hefty negative. I haven't seen this feat being over-used or abused particularly.

Sure, its useful for lvl 9 or 10 max AB PC but then again, almost any lvl 9 or 10 will be powerful given the right circumstances.

FishyBusiness

Paha

Knockdown in itself is quite dangerous if you are being victim of that spam. Be it monsters or PC's. I'd favor this if it is possible.

You still need quite high discipline to be absolutely immune to KD if someone has high ab. Compare those with high ac that can avoid it, even if they would be weak or have lower strength or endurance.

Then think those 0 ac barbarians or what not with huge strength and possibly endurance, and then someone spams KD on them. It's just given that they can't resist it all the time, and it still hits about every time if you got good ab and they happen to have low armor class.

Yalta

Hmmm, i know what you mean Paha...

I agree its *quite* dangerous, but not sure its over the top. Seems like a lot of effort to weaken something that is only truelly good with very high AB/levels. Other classes at the same levels will also have very nasty abilites/spells.

Yalta

.....or as an alternative, make Discipline potions and charge items slightly more common?

scrappayeti

KD is way overpowered.

If it was scriptable, no damage would get my vote.

Groucho the Marxist

Maybe possible to make it a full round action?

Letsplayforfun

I suggested this way back when i played Dalman. I so agree to this feat being changed. No damage, half damage, whatever, but yeah - if it's possible - i'm all for it.