Church of Loviatar

Started by Calixto, November 10, 2011, 10:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calixto

So I would like to start a Loviatan faction that will be different of what would be expected. Instead of being outright evil, the people in this faction would try to earn a place among the "decent" factions of Mistlocke and become one of the most powerful and influential. This could be done by:

- Fighting the ennemies of Mistlocke

- Fighting the influence of groups such as the Brotherhood, not by killing its members, but by debating with them! Or be successful in areas they were not (for example, deal with the criminality in Old Stones)  

- Spread a non-evil, more neutral version of the Loviatan faith; establish a place of worship

These are just some examples of what we could aim to do.

Defend the Loviatan dogma from a neutral point of view can be very difficult, but it will be fun to have mostly non-lethal conflict with the goodies for a change, as we try to present ourselves as the real good guys, who don't mind to get our hands dirty if the end justify it. Much of Loviatan dogma is about becoming stronger through the enduring of pain and an "eye for an eye" mentality, and so we should focus on these aspects. Of course, you could still play an outright evil Loviatan pc and oppose your fellow faction members.

Question, comments, interest?

Oh, and don't worry: despite the faction not being evil, there will still be torture, inter-whipping, self-whipping, black leather and such. Because let's be honest, why would you play a Loviatan if you don't have a serious issue about repressed sadism you need to unleash?
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

Barber

Comment:

Neutral takes on "forces of nature" gods which are usually seen as evil baby eaters, is cool.  I encourage people to join!

Calixto

The project still stands if anyone is interested :)
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

The Boom King

This sounds pretty interesting, and if I wern't too busy with my current character, I'd join it.