Astronomer Hexes / Hex Dispersion

Started by One_With_Nature, April 18, 2024, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

I really like these spells, however from a practicality point of view most mobs on quests etc won't survive long enough for them to take effect as for best results you would have to make 1 mob fail 3 saves against a cantrip, then fail a save against hex dispersion (4 spell fails) at which point this mob is probably already dead or a lot around it is. I can see it being good in niche scenarios where mobs live a lot longer but I would suggest the following:

- If a mob dies while under the effect of a curse or curses, a nearby mob must make a will save vs whatever the casters save was, if it fails it is afflicted with said curses with some visual queue so you know which one is cursed. Could require SF or GSF: transmutation.

- If a mob is afflicted with all three curses, they are marked for death and start taking ticking damage (don't know how much but maybe some astral damage each round while it has all three curses on it doesn't have to be massive)

- Hex dispersion instead of being one save against a mob, make it a circle area of effect: if a creature afflicted with at least one curse is in the area of effect, then all mobs must make a save against the casters DC or be afflicted with said curse/curses.

Don't know if that's too much, but considering the hoops you have to jump through to set this kind of combo up I think it would be quite cool and flavourful, while being pretty useful.