"Cursed" Battlestyle

Started by Dredi, June 29, 2014, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredi

The Polymorph that curse produces does not have a weapon or a natural weapon and as such its damage is horridly bad which is somewhat suboptimal for something which is very much a "Fight for your life" sort of thing.

Would it be possible to give it either a natural weapon, or an actual weapon for the duration?

nammykun

I spoke to Talir about this a while ago and this is not intentional and told me he would be working to make it so that you keep your weapon on polymorph.

Talir

Dredi

Without starting another thread, since its on the same topic it seems incredibly difficult (even fighting nigh suicidally) to actually proc this.

Would it perhaps be possible to consider a slight increase in the HP threshold to trigger the effect? - for higher level barbarians especially it becomes extreamely difficult for effects that would kill you to land within the 0 to -9 hp zone, they usually kill you outright instead (which does not seem to trigger a roll, though correct me if i'm wrong) as most things which are a threat to you at this stage do considerably more damage per hit.

Would it be possible to say increase the threshold by 5%-10% of the barbarians hp total but disallow it in Sparring mode. - This would also allow it to potentially come into play in PVP in the standard Subdual mode (which does not allow a player to go below 1hp)

nammykun

Any time your character suffers a swing that would bring it below 0 a roll occurs.

Also, I disagree with having it disabled for Sparring mode. The point of the cursed battlestyle is that you're a barbarian who has something horrible happen to them when they're beaten on.

It would break immersion entirely to have sparring mode not trigger this and have your barbarian sparring other people without a second thought. After all, it could be lethal to transform in the Sanctuary arena and therein lies one of the challenges of being cursed.

Echigo

Quote from: nammykun;396277It would break immersion entirely to have sparring mode not trigger this and have your barbarian sparring other people without a second thought. After all, it could be lethal to transform in the Sanctuary arena and therein lies one of the challenges of being cursed.

Think of Marvel's Hulk.
meth

Dwarfisim

The damage on this is still, well ..useless. Finally got it to trigger today, and at level 6 barb, was doing 3-5 dmg, with divine favor potions used.  Needless to say, I died within a few seconds of it triggering.  Been away a while, not sure if it was addressed or not yet.

Talir

Fixed. If it stays this way we'll see.

Regarding changing when it occurs: no, this will never happen. You trade your barbarian rage for a 1/3 chance to escape death, which is the feature of the perk. The curse itself does not care whether you are sparring or a monster is intent on speeding your way to the fugue.

Dredi

The sparring thing was specifically IF we changed it - as far as I can tell, Sparring/Subdual does not currently trigger it. (i've been beaten down like 8 times, so it could just be bad luck)

but if the trigger happens even if you are taken to -11 in one hit, then I'm happy with that.