Unable to select a second level in Ranger

Started by domare, February 07, 2015, 09:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domare

QuotePlayer: Do'Mare
Character: Falasdir Shadowsong

Unable to select another level in Ranger.  At the automatic level 2 prompt, I attempt to pick another level in ranger.  However, it doesn't accept.  The only error in the log is "Error: Unable to find an equipped skin"[/u]

I have restarted, recreated, and ran the EFU launcher to ensure the latest updates.  No luck.

Another side note, I am able to pick a level in something else (i.e. bard).   Just no luck with the ranger selection.  

Any ideas what I need to do?

Pigadig

I assume the easiest method would be to remake the PC?

domare

I tried that.  No luck.

Tala

I have a hunch here, mainly because I've tested it with a Human Male and had no problem with it.

What race is your PC?

domare

Elf.  Nothing crazy on the build.  Dex...moderate stats through out.

Blue41

are you a wild/wood elf

Tala

Blue understood where I was going with it.

In short if it is, Wild Elf / Wood Elf are app only

Talir

Try using an old account name.

domare

Hey Guys,

I tried an old account name (where previously I had no problems), but the problem persists.  The character is a moon elf, so no jam up with the application stuff.  My next play would be to wait after a server reset and see if that fixes the problem.

Any additional recommendations would be appreciated.

domare

I conducted a system restore to a point when I knew it worked.  No luck.

domare

I rolled up an elf character on another server.  No problems noted.

Mia

If the matter is related to skins, it may be because your character name is using symbols that don't work well with efusl. Did you try using a simple name?

domare

No special characters or spaces in the name.

Echigo

Clear your overrides, run the EfU launcher, use an old account, preferably one of your originals, and then roll up a ranger with basic feats and no special characters in the name or description with an original voice set. Try that.
meth

domare

Echigo,

That was it!  Worked like a charm.  Thank you.

Domare