Prelude: Surface Holdouts

Started by Ladocicea, September 23, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladocicea

QuoteWhile the denizens of Sanctuary enjoy the relative safety of life behind The Shield, the surface is becoming a desolate, bleak wasteland of perpetual night and unrelenting hostility.

Even so, be it because of difficult geography, discrete location or simply hard-bitten determination, surface holdouts do exist here and there. Some of Faerûn's most tragic, desperate and inspiring tales are still being written on the surface, and it is here where we begin our story...

This will be combat-heavy and your character will receive levels and equipment beyond that which they would normally start with during this prelude.

Any kind of PC is welcome, so long as they could feasibly be involved in the resistance movement on the surface and are flexible in terms of start location (if you want to play e.g. a Chultan they will have travelled a long way).

A familiarity with EFU:R's warfare mechanics/artillery weapons will be advantageous, but there will be a brief opportunity to get to grips with it in the OOC area before the prelude starts if you're unsure.

The start time for this prelude will be Sunday 29th at 8pm GMT.

Ladocicea

To clarify, you will be able to keep the PCs that you make for this prelude. This isn't intended for 'throwaway' PCs and can work with any PC with a long-term plan.

Ladocicea

8pm GMT today might have been a bit overambitious on my part.

This will probably start a few hours later than that. I'll start making shouts in game well ahead of time so you've got time to prepare.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ladocicea

It's done. I hope everyone enjoyed it, and enjoys playing their PCs that were launched by this prelude.

Ladocicea

P.S. If you're playing a long-term character that was launched by this prelude, send me a PM with your account name and PC name and I'll keep an eye on you as there may be some follow up.

Ladocicea

Can everyone that's still playing a PC that was launched by this prelude let me know. I am planning on running some follow-up for you. Please also let anyone you know that was playing one of these PCs know as this announcement might not reach everyone.