A New Kind Of Plot Item

Started by Ladocicea, December 20, 2014, 05:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladocicea

Some of you may already notice rare items beginning to appear in the module that have an unusual description and a coloured name. These are a new kind of plot item that will play a crucial role in the plot I'm rolling out, though they exist in the module in such a manner as to be available without DM intervention, through various means.

You will derive no immediate mechanical benefit from possessing these items and you will have to engage with other players and interest groups to make use of them. Although they have few mechanically useful stats, they should not be regarded as useless OOC or IC.

I reserve the right to strip these items from you at any time, if the server is not overall benefitting from you possessing them. This means do not uselessly sit on them or hoard  them for no discernible purpose other than to have the privilege of holding them. You should also not advertise the sale or trade of these items unless sanctioned to do so.

Ladocicea

For clarification, if you have DM loot with a coloured name, that is not necessarily one of these items. These items specifically say they are plot items in the description.

Ladocicea

"Do not uselessly sit on them or hoard them" is a roundabout way of saying do not put these items into persistent storage. That should be obvious for anyone that understands or has been involved in previous plots where collecting plot items has been a goal.

Ladocicea

The description on these plot items tell you to inform me before[/U] you transfer them. Quite clearly. Until now in every instance I've received a notification from people after they've completed the transfer and obtained the item. This is, in a word, infuriating, as it's a very simple instruction. I'm going to be removing these items from anyone that's failed to follow these very clear and simple rules from now on.

Ladocicea

Something else I'll mention: if you find a way to reliably source these items, you may only benefit from them once. For example, if you find object X you may only sell 1 instance of object X once and not try to get another to sell. Treat it like a quest with a self imposed take limit of 1. You may try to source another if the first item is taken from you in a manner from which you derive no benefit e.g. mugging.

Ladocicea

To those that are expecting an event on Friday, unfortunately I'm going to have to postpone that due to some RL commitments that just came through today. I will run this another time and let you know when I've got a solid alternative date. Shouldn't be too long after hopefully. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ladocicea

I receive a lot of messages about how people have found these items and will be using them as reagents, in rituals, in all many of ways that are unintended and unrelated to the plot in which they are key objects.

I'd like to clarify that I only want these items used to progress along the plot path. Sure, you can use them to forward your own interests by using them as bartering tools and chips but not directly as reagents etc.

Ladocicea

Apologies to everyone that's sending me PMs regarding these items. I'm unable to get IG for the time being but should be back in the next couple of weeks.

Ladocicea

I'm going to try and run the long awaited event this Sunday, 9pm GMT. This can be considered IC knowledge for those of you who I previously discussed specific times with. If you don't hold specific items and haven't been notified about this event by forum PM before it was initially postponed, you can't claim IC knowledge, but obviously you may use this OOC knowledge to ensure you're logged in at the right time to participate.

Sorry once again for the delay on this, it has been very difficult to get IG lately.

Ladocicea

Sorry, by GMT I actually "whatever time it is in England". Clocks have just changed to BST (GMT+1).

Ladocicea

As of next reset, the most common of these items will be removed from the module, meaning only the ones currently retrieved from wherever you found them will be in circulation. This should help with any oversupply issues, and correct their market value.