The Passing of Diz-e

Started by Howlando, October 30, 2021, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillusionist

Awful to hear about his passing. I had a lot of fun playing with Diz-e over the years. He always had time to help people learn the ropes, and was always thoughtful and kind in his interactions with everyone.

Glyph

This is crushing. Had nothing but positive experiences with Diz-e. He will be missed.

prestonhunt

It is inconceivable to me that I should be outliving all of these creative, young, people I've known for so long.   Safe travels in the quests ahead Zechariah.  Jesus.  He just turned 44 last month.

Decimate_The_Weak

RIP, diz-e. I have many fond memories of playing with you and I will cherish them long after EfU.

Tala

Diz-e was one of the people who went out of their way to involve me in stuff when I first joined EFU. He was always a fixture in EFU, especially in the more wildling/nature side, and always kept it alive. He rolled with stuff no matter how things went IG.

He will be missed.

Vlaid

This actually hit me harder than I expected and wanted to take a few days to say something.

I can't say I was the best of friends with diz-e or knew them extremely well but they were a constant and familair fellow-player presence to me in EFU. Beside them I developed my love of dwarves in EFUR and even played as enemies a few times. I looked to some of their PCs as inspiration for concepts I'd like to do similar but with new twists.

I will miss having them around EFU for the years to come.

TheBigX

Well this is a rough one.  Thank you to those that contacted my family to send word of this.  I didn't know Diz-E in the real world but logged many hours joining them in the playing of those outsiders (our scrappy little kobolds) and dozens of wilderness toons (we loved that Steward faction).  They were always kind and fair to other players and as Howland said their RP was always creative and spot on.  No matter how much time I was away from game, they would always happily invite me back by sharing a new character concept or plot line.  I have hardly played EFU (too many RL demands) since EFU City of Rings launched, but I will always remember fondly all the adventures with Diz-E.  As many others have lamented,  it is sad to see such a pillar of the EFU community and a good human being pass.

Old Ways Strong my friend

Heart Of Oak

Oh man, rest in peace. You were so many things to me in my time on EFU. I'll never forget you. xx

Zooxanthelle

Diz-e - I can only say thank you. I will always treasure the memories from a time that I miss so very much now.

~ AllMYBudgies
~AMB~

MarchHare

I only knew Diz for a brief time, but he wrote the most beautiful and gentle letters to my elf Thaltas from his Lorist, which are now treasured memories. He was always so willing to engage and make time for new & old players. Outside of NWN, he must have been an equally shining personality, and I am thankful that he did not suffer in his last moments.  Rest in peace, friend.

If it is not a huge trouble for the DM team, I would humbly ask that a monument to honour Diz's memory be created in-game - in some way that is befitting the setting, of course.

Aethereal

Well, I didn't expect to see anything like this when I popped into the forums on a bit of a whim... a shock, of sadness.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed and share my own condolences. Diz-e certainly felt like a mainstay of EFU, and the first thing I thought was something he expressed to another player back when he was playing his elven scholar, Alea Lateuthil the Lorist:

We had just begun a trek towards Ring 95 with a fresh new player to EFU, and he and I both insisted the new player should lead the way, so as to learn about and solve the 'maze' on their own. With our presence to ensure nothing goes wrong. It of course took time, and we enjoyed the experience, letting the roleplay take us where it would, examining and reflecting on that once-hidden obelisk with its inscriptions amongst other contemplations.

Of this though, I learnt Diz-e had stayed IG a lot longer than he intended and shared a message in his PC-faction channel along the lines of: "It's always a blast with that guy." In response to joining me on the trek...

Well, same to you my friend. Same to you. Though I never got to express it.

I am glad to see that so many of us have fond memories to share with each other when it comes to the time we had with Diz-e.  A tribute in his honour.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Wavy

Just seeing this and it really tugs at the heart. Even without meeting people in real life you just create such a bond with so many in this community. Diz-e was one of the closest I got to along with WWind, Sylvyr, and a bunch of others that put up with my many nature jaunts. Diz-e and I played numerous nature lovers in my time. He always had creative and engaging ideas to share. While I never met him in person, we used to shoot the breeze all the time from tells to mIRC and some on discord. SIP Diz. #StewardStrong - TheMind'sMaster

-UnholyWon-

I share a lot of the sentiment that has been expressed by everyone regarding personal and IG interactions with Diz-e the person and his characters. Diz-e's presence will be missed by us all, but his influence on the server and us will forever be present in and out of game.
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Ernesto

Played with Diz-E when we were both Uld dwarves. We had a little bit of convos on discord about things outside the game. He seemed like a legit cool guy, patient, understanding, not self-centered. It's so weird to hear of his passing, shocking like others have said. RIP.

Blue41

So sorry to hear about this. Never met him personally but it feels like I've been in a discord/irc channel talking to him for the better half of a decade. Always game, always willing to brainstorm concepts and consistently fun to play with. You'll be missed.