Spellsword perk losing Dodge AC after being logged in for a while

Started by Pandip, May 09, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

I am getting the "AC Decreased" debuff after being logged in for a certain amount of time and losing the Dodge bonus from my perk. Not sure exactly what is happening, but I can't reset the perk to avoid this issue.

EDIT: PC is Isolde Mhaille

zDark Shadowz

Are you using any armour that'd apply an armor class penalty? Cross-classed tumble ranks? Subdued often? Bracers/gloves with AC on them?

AC Decreased debuff is pretty unusual so just querying things that might cause it.

Also you say you are getting both an AC Decreased penalty *and* losing your Dodge bonus, or are you losing equivalent AC equal to your Dodge bonus? This question is to check whether or not you still are receiving the perks' AC bonus despite the debuff* posing these questions to help the DMs troubleshoot quicker if they're answered.

Pandip

I've checked all of these things and none of them apply. Completely naked, I get the AC I should have without the level 8 perk +1 Dodge AC bonus. When the server resets, I have the bonus. Sometime over the course of playing, it is lost. I will try to keep more diligent track of when it goes away.

DYBIL

It likely has something to do with your gear. Unequipping and re-equipping any and all pieces that give AC bonuses tends to fix it. You may need to do this repeatedly until you're able to equip everything and not receive "AC Decreased" on your sheet. I had this problem while playing Daeis. Wish I could give a more detailed account of the bug. I think what I had done was never log out with my Darksteel Greatsword equipped and it fixed it for me since the AC from the bracers seemed to be causing some sort of problem that resulted in me always having "AC Decreased" when I logged back in.

In general I removed every piece of gear I had that gave AC and Tumble and put them back on over and over again until it stopped giving me "AC Decreased".