René Anastasio, the Hopeful Dawn of Sunpurse

Started by LoveLess, August 23, 2021, 12:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveLess

René was a character that had become a part of House Sunpurse before the Count ever came around and had made his oath for entirely personal reasons, but over time he took the words more seriously. The history he had was that the man was born to socialites who raised their kids to be "party tickets" when they grew up, so that they could get into higher society events. However the training that René was lackluster, being trained by rather eccentric or incompetent people. Such as one of his teachers was obsessed with the concept that Sphinx and other such Magical Beasts were going to take over someday. While his personality was flippant, he was haunted by his own perceived failures from a long time of second guessing himself.

The reason for his sedition was having watched his friend, Visangiri and Lissandra, having to murder each other for the Count. Then watching what he did, and later had come to know.. Afterwards, and both independently.. They had asked René, begged him to help, them, as the Count would do the same to anyone he loved. In the end, I tried to fight when I should have ran, but I felt like that would have broken what I was aiming for. With the whole marriage plot, he hoped that it would have been a sort of escape from his House and that he could confide in others. He started to do the latter as things grew more dark within his House, and as they began distrusting each other further.

So this was the first time that I tried something heavy with conflict and getting involved with the roleplaying as much as I could, what I felt was way more than I have before. Ended up getting too invested in the character and I will try to take a break for a while. I know that I took other people's characters away on this one, and it might sound cheap, but I do feel really bad every time that I am involved with PvP that results in death.

I really want to thank every player and the DM's who entertained this character. There will be likely a lot that people might not have agreed with in regards to stuff I had done, but I thoroughly enjoyed the roleplaying experience on this PC.

Anyway. here's some pictures and I'll sort through for RP related scenes later when I am up to it.

[hide][/hide]

He got shifted to Evil the last 24 hours due to some bad things he had done..
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]

[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]

Live hard, die like a dweeb.

KuroKitten

A true hero of marriage.

Looking forward to your next PC!

BlaDed_Cloud

Quin shall always make sure his plumes are fluffed.. Some fun rp, hate to see him go

Cat

Rene played a big part in the end of Lissandra, and I cherished every moment of it. I also feel so bad about the guilt trip I gave when you came to visit me in the bonezone.

LoveLess

[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]
[hide][/hide]

Blood on the Mountaintop

Rene's last words to Augustus were 'Don't die before we can settle things between us.' He should have followed his own advice!

Jokes aside, I really enjoyed the tumultuous relationship of our characters. Roleplaying butting heads and wounded prides is always good fun. I'm sad to see him go!

Les Abysses

Rene was fantastic and yes, as indicated in some of the screenshots, Sidonie was definitely suspicious... but maybe not suspicious enough!

Ethika

Nice work- always enjoyed interacting with you,

crestfallen

SamB123

Was a fun ride, even though I'm quite sure I only came in on the tail end of it.

Glomping Bandit

Excellent work with René, he really was an interesting person to interact with.