Gilthalas Wealdath, Scion of Auld

Started by Styngraven, January 22, 2022, 07:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styngraven

Aside: I'm honestly rather poor at writing obits but I feel I should get this one down. I've gone back and forth whether I actually wanted to make this one or not as I just didn't feel this particular character lived up to the expectations and heights I wanted to, a failing on my end.

Backstory
[hide]Gilthalas was truly as he said he was, quite distantly related to the Wealdath line of succession. He came from a time when the walls were raised and the land quite wild and lush. When Peers met and made merry with the noble elven House the lands turned sour and many began to vanish, he was sent out to distant rings on a quest he had but all forgotten. Gilthalas spent many a time drinking and considered his little posting within the 98 and 99 as a punishment or semi-banishment, electing to drown his sorrows and memory. He succeeded in the latter as decades uncountable past of his ruination. What had felt like mere months in his eyes of silence from his superiors was in fact the disappearance of his entire family. Only after meeting with a retainer quite old who by chance recognized the patchy symbol of the Ouroboros was he propelled back into action, refitting his old retainer livery and making inwards, home.

He succeed in reaching that place with the aid of the fair folk, a collection of elves, dwarves, and a rather pushy human. There he took stewardship as he held his family name still with pride, growing a new hatred and spite for the race of mankind.

[/hide]

An amazingly interesting and depressing character to play! I truly adore EFU's way of presenting lore as a far more pursued knowledge rather than just some book laying about for all to see. That being said I've felt as though the falling apart of my initial group of Wealdath was primarily my fault, I started a new job and got married leaving such little time for the game as well as taking away any chance of me sharing timezones with my primarily European friends. Despite this the journey inward was amazing as well was the fun little politics I actually did get to participate in. His death came at the hands of the unseen, truly a fate he could not escape.

Screenshots!
[hide]

[/hide]

My single piece of loot...
[hide]
[/hide]

BlaDed_Cloud

Random_White_Guy

Our meeting of Akesh and Gilth in the Caretaker Lodge was a very surreal treat.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Caster13

I loved my encounters with Gilthalas. A mix of tragic and driven, personal and people.

mazzz

RIP Gilthalas. Amazing journey, and a ring-running experience I'll never forget.

Dredi

Yeah. Really fun playing with Gil. Wish I'd been about for more of it