A pair of salty bitches...

Started by Random_White_Guy, October 27, 2009, 04:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

So. While doing some plotting and trying to figure out my new character, given all of the War conflict going on in the colony, I had a thought: Churches would naturally be divided, especially if they had vested interest in the outcome of the battle.

I was kinda musing a schism in the Umberleean church. They've got a big ol' presence in Old Port but given the taking of the Docks by the Queen as well as the war in Old Port, I was kinda thinking an Umberlee presence would be interesting.

A group of Clerics and other faithful who during the war part ways from the Church to set up their own branch/sect of the faith in defiance of the massive Church of Umberlee and their service to the Count of Old Port. Escaping to Ymph for a chance to spread their own interpretation of the Dogma and establish a foothold upon the docks finding safety and protection under the forces of the Queen on Ymph.

Naturally they would be very interest in the business of the Docks, as well as supporting of the Queen.

This is by no means a formal writeup of what I had in mind, but more of a rough draft. Thoughts/Input welcomed. If enough folks show interest I'll redraft as a more appropriate description of plot/pursuits.

Leave word here, Forum PM, or on IRC in PM or #Braintrust
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

QuoteReligion has always been a fickle mistress, much as the Bitch Queen has. Wars and conflict spurn wars and conflict of their own, and a simple disagreement can blossom and bloom into earth-shattering consequences if the flames are stoked appropriately.

The clergy of the Bitch Queen is none the different. For some time the church of Old Port has held sway and reign through out the isle but they are sedated. They are complacent. Suckling the teat of the Count's merchant vessels and business.

Many would say that is exactly what the Bitch Queen preaches and desires. "Fair offerings bring fair winds to sea travelers". Others however say that the Count has conquered the fury of Umberlee. That the rank and file Clergy of the Old Port Temple have become little more than glorified thugs. "Offer us yet another offering or we shall lay waste to your vessels" to which a sarcastic noble responds "Why of course, Umberlee, I fear you ever so much, here is more of my massive piles of coin, I am ever so scared...".

The Church within Old Port have taken up the mantle of businessman. Whoring out her fury in return for gaining prestige and wealth amongst the political circles. A splintered faction seeks more. They seek not only to bolster and foster true fear of the Seas, but also the pilgrimage, the crusade, and the spreading of the Bitch Queen.

They speak of a Sunken Vessel[/b][/u]. Not of wood but of flesh, that dwells deep within the depths. Some say it lay at the bottom of the Mythallar, others at the bottom of the ocean floor. A means for the Bitch Queen to traverse the sands, and bring flood to all who show no fear to her. A means to shatter building, ruin crop, and drown the world if her wrath is not subsided by respect.

They speak of a fortune, The Grand Cache, laying in wait of those true to the bitch queen to find. The allotment of all cargo and weight of the Bitch Queen's work. Centuries if not longer of sunken vessels, their treasures simply waiting to be picked from the depths should one be so faithful.

They speak of Glorious Future[/b][/u]. Queen Ixpadia's rebellion is the first of many. A Bitch's fury knows no equal, and a Bitch is not one to be shackled by any living thing. The Count's rule is challenged. The Temple of the Depths is challenged. Through the Docks, through the Queen, and through the free peoples, all tyrants shall topple under the salted waves and lungs burst from within.

They speak of a Rage[/b][/u] that swells like her waves in storm, within the hearts of men who work at sea. A dockhand. A fisherman. A soldier who sails to war. An unbridled, unfathomable depth, that leads men to fight for their freedom, for their homes, and for their beliefs. A rage that only the Bitch Queen knows, and that through her service and faith, freedom can be found not only within, but upon the open sea...

Random_White_Guy

QuoteDogma: The sea is a savage place, and those that travel it had best be willing to pay the price of challenging Umberlee's domain. All should know the Bitch Queen and fear her, for the wind and the wave can reach everywhere if sufficiently angered. Fair offerings bring fair winds to sea travelers, but those that do not pay their respects will find that the sea is as cold as Umberlee's heart. Spread the word of the might of Umberlee, and let no service be done in her name without a price. Make folk fear the wind and wave unless a cleric of Umberlee is there to protect them. Slay those who ascribe sea and shore storms to Talos.

QuoteSplintered Dogma: Nothing is more destructive than the Free Sea. Those who try to conquer it shall be prepared to pay the ultimate price in the depths of Umberlee's Domain. All should fear and respect the Queen of Waves for a squall sits within every man: a simple motion in the sea of the soul can rise to a crushing wave, toppling all establishment.

To the faithful, there is no safer place than the endless horizons of the Free Sea, no more suitable salvation, and no more desired place to spend the rest of their days. For those who refuse her faith, it is a place of hellish torment unlike any other. Let all know that none is more powerful upon the free seas than she, its protector, and that only -service- to her name as tribute brings safety! Simple offering or prayer finds you lost within the depths as all other cowards and fools, with their riches and hollow prayers. Only in serving her and her faithful in protection of the Free Sea can one truly be spared her wrath!

Halfbrood

Heavily endorse this. Although RwG is a egotistical jerk, he has his merits. Get on board.

Humoresque

Random_White_Guy

Quote from: Halfbrood;151258Heavily endorse this. Although RwG is a egotistical jerk, he has his merits. Get on board.

...Fuck you, Halfer. >_>

I'm not egotistical. I'm just awesome. <_<

Random_White_Guy

Just an FYI this is starting tonight hopefully.

Swing on by the IRC channel to get brought up to speed about what's going on/etc by someone loitering, I should be available later this afternoon (5pm CST) to finalize details with anyone who wants to talk about stuff before we go live.