Amaunatori

Started by Daemonic Daz, October 19, 2008, 08:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonic Daz

Well, most of the Amaunatori are ether dead or just on permenant hiatus, which is why I'm making this thread.

Who are they?

The Amaunatori are a group of worshippers that venerate the ancient deity, Amaunator.

Back in Ancient Netheril, Amaunator was the diety of Order, law, the Sun and to a lesser extent, time. His justice he gave out was extremely harsh but extremely fair. His worshippers often comprised of rulers, soliders and powerful wizards. (but could also extend to pretty much any lawful character, just use common sense)

Amaunator was a careful and meticulous deity who made certain that every agreement was written down, contracted, signed, sealed, and witnessed. An extremely lawful deity, he followed the letter of the law, not necessarily the spirit of itâ€"unless the spirit was a great deal more to his liking. He expected the same of his followers.

When Netheril fell, the common people who were not killed by the fall of the enclaves (the only living worshippers of the deity) largely abandoned Amaunator, believing that he had done nothing to prevent the disaster. His followers were right, but contractually, his hands were tied. Magic in all its forms was under the exclusive control of Mystryl, and Amaunator had no lawful right to interfere in any way, even when a magical catastrophe, such as Netheril’s fall, was in the process of occurring.

Over the centuries, many theories have been put forward by later religious scholars as to what ultimate fate Amaunator met. Some insist that he died, but others (notably the sunmasters of the Brotherhood of the Glorious Sun) argue that he was reborn as Lathander. Still others believe he survives as the vengeful Bedine deity known as At’ar the Merciless and yet others assert that he turned his back on Faerûn and entered the pantheon of the lands of Kara-Tur or simply moved on to other planets (such as Oerth). The truth is that with the loss of nearly all his followers in Netheril after its fall, Amaunator began the long, arduous, and painful process of dying of neglect. After about a millennium, he did not have enough power left to maintain his power base in the outer planes and was ruthlessly exiled to the Astral Plane. His corpse now drifts with the endless astral tides, awaiting a day when some ambitious spirit may help him regain his once-proud heritage.

What we're about

The Amaunatori are experts in wiritng up contractual agreements, laws, amendments and other contract binding agreements, with the current political situation in EFU:A. Being a Amaunatori is a exciting time as you have the potential and power to bring your expertise to the table and play a hand in shaping a government that will rule the ziggurat.

There is no right way to play a amaunatori, you could be a good hearted amaunatori that wishes to create a government with the peoples interests in mind so that they will admire and cheer your name. Or you could be a dark hearted amaunatori that schemes to create subtle laws and use the political strife to create a government of tyranny and opression where the only one who benefits are the ones that serve you. All this is possible with being a follower of Amaunator.

Why should I join up?

If you want to play a charismatic, RP focused character and have a potential hand in shaping the potential government. Then a worshipper of Amaunator is for you, political groups will take a interest in you and attempt to earn your support (or your ire as such has happened in the past) if you make yourself known and show what your capable off.

Suitable alignments are:-

Lawful Good
Lawful Neutral
Lawful Evil

Class requirements are:-

Any that would make use of contracts or have a valid reason why they worship Amaunator, I don't think Amaunator had paladins although I would suggest speaking with a DM before you create one to make sure.

How do I join?

Find me IG, wheter its your level 6 that is doubting the teachings of his god, or you just need a new character after your old one died. You'll be watched and if deemed suitable, be involved with the temple of Amaunator and its plans.

Additional infomation can be found below

Lord Amauntor guide you all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaunator

Moonthirst

Woot Woot!!! Go Amaunatorians!