Delina Wormsinger

Started by granny, August 19, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granny

Delina Wormsinger - A Most Unfortunate Soul

And, finally, as she ran for her life after meeting the Witch Wheel of Misfortune, Delina was captured. The Windy Canyons were as cold as ever. The worm-tailed woman's naked, charred, bruised and bleeding body would lay for almost an hour against the freezing rocks of the Underdark as her captors kept trying to milk from her more explanations about her actions and purposes. She, who had given everything, she who had spent the last  days of her life explaining herself, trying to convince people of her good will, she who had given away her peace, humanity, blood, memories, and even soul... she who had forsaken the piece that demonstrated the favor of her overlord in order to go on living... this time she refused to give more. No more explanations. No more words. A final sacrifice. And that was how, beneath the cap of a red mushroom, that Delina's broken body would finally find some peace. Her soul although...

Backstory

Delina Wormsinger was a woman from Uthgardt descent that was exiled from the Great Worm Tribe at young age after the initial and disastrous awakening of her blood during a very unforgiving snow storm. In the night that Delina would complete nine winters, under the dark mantle of a lunar eclipse, the entire of her tribe fell victim to a long and deep slumber, only awakening from it  after the effects of the young girl's powers had finally ebbed. Due to this incident, the sages of the tribe decided to exile the girl, sending her to wander southwards, far away from them.

This was the first time Delina knew the pain and shame of the exile, having to beg for food scraps in the Silver Marches' towns until the day that she would finally find a kind hearted scholar that took her with him to take care of his house's chores.

The life of the young, exiled girl would know a momentary peace with this man, but it did not last long. When the Nightning had covered Toril under its heavy darkness, again Delina's powers would awaken. This time, although, their manifestation were not only stimulated by the event. More than that, as her powers were twisted, influenced and corrupted by the Nightning, Delina's master fell into a deep slumber filled with tenebrous, tormenting nightmares, at the point of  being driven utterly insane.

Once more Delina had found herself lost, wandering, drowning in shame and fear. As her steps finally brought her into Sanctuary, she thought to have found peace within the anonymous life of a Worminger. Although, as time passed, a third strike of misfortune would again fall upon her...

Good Wormlord

A Clumsy Ritual

Delina did not know what she was doing. She hoped to awaken the Great Worm, but probably she was able only to bother some random dark being... or even Dendar Herself. She lost her life in that night. It was on purpose. She thought that letting herself to be killed she would find peace and her blood would be an enough offering to bring the Great Worm from the long slumber. So mistaken she was... a waste of energy. A wasted effort.

(a bit too) Together

Killing the Worminger's Bane

Killing the Mighty White Beetle

Comedic Relief - A Marriage Proposal (?)

Silvermoon_Dervish

Your fortunes on the Witch's Wheel are as dire as ever. Passion of Delina indeed. I admit her constant trials made me feel a bit sorry for her behind the screen, even if she wasn't something one would normally feel sorry for.

Another great hag from our resident expert!
Yip yip

Svordaloz

NnNNNNnnnnnnnooooo!

Curses, how I will miss interacting with Delina. A dynamic character, who probably suffered more than many others.

Rest in peace, our sweet worming hag.

A Mothers Dying Wish

Probably the best Granny character yet?

Certainly my favorite, anyway.

Pup

I was a fan.  I'm sorta glad but sorta disappointed I will never get a chance to attack your foul, freak character.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Miraie

Claudia suspected many things, but she never knew that Delina herself might not have known what she was trying to summon.

I enjoyed observing Ms Wormsong's development. n_n

henchman93

great collective character fo sho

hoars bath

Random_White_Guy

Your response to the threats was one of the most kickass moves i've seen in a long time.
You always bring so much passion and effort to your wild schemes on your wonderful witches.
Can't wait to see the next creepy one!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

goate

MY PLANS MY PLANS

I greatly enjoyed Wormsinger.  RIP, sweet hag.

Ciorbă de Burtă

;_____;

I loved Delina.

Thanks for sharing her.
The princes applaud with a furious joy;
And the king seiz'd the flambeau, with zeal to destroy.

Starfield

cmenden

<3 you as always, granny.

Doll of New Albion

I did not have the opportunity to interact with Delina as much as I would like, but the interactions that I did have were enjoyable. Thank you for the character - one of the leaders who pushed stuff forward for the Exiles!  :)

Still Trying

What a great concept...what I thought to be just a worminger turned into a fantastic and frightening wormy woman of awesomeness!

RIP The great worm woman!