Eliphas Malichorr : Mad Planeseer of Ring ???

Started by Lannister, May 11, 2020, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Thank you to everyone I interacted with on Eliphas, a true pleasure to play him and interact with everyone. He went through quite a lot of changes in his life(I would be interested in knowing what alignment you thought he was!), I'm not sure what I can post so I will share a few choice shots from his life and times.

A little backstory first - Eliphas was a sufferer of the condition known as Wizard Madness, something I often tried to stimulate within others of the community. To this end he would lean heavily into the role of mentor to anyone who asked. It was his belief that with creative chaos that wizards would evolve the political scene of the city to become more mago-cratic. This also led him to be the shadowy figure in the corner of the room, whose machinations had far influencing affects but little trace back to him. There are other things, but they are best left out... For now.

[hide=Early days as a prospector. When he was just recovering his memories.]

[/hide]

[hide=Eliphas was a resident of a much, much deeper ring than any really knew. Only a rare few people saw what remained of his home, when he showed them visions of what -he- had done. Maybe someone will one day find his tower and learn a truth about the dead wizard.]

That is his home dear Marcille... What a terrible thing wizards are.

[/hide]

[hide=Towards the end of the character he saw many strange and wonderful things. Sadly, I cannot share them due to currently living players and deep secrets. Here are some assorted pictures from his travels.]

[/hide]

[hide=But who was Eliphas really?]

[hide=Perhaps better asked is - what was he?][/hide]
[/hide]

You will see more pictures of his workings when they are finished playing out, I am sure. I will see you on the next.

merrychase

LoveLess

Eliphas was an absolute blast to play with and learn more from organically as we progressed through the many trials that lay within the city. It was a wild ride we had from starting small and breaking our way through the rings to discover more about who all of us really were.

I feel that not a lot of people knew a lot about him, which is a shame, but quite extraordinary because of how much he really affected.

Quarterdragon

Eliphas was incredible to have on the team, both for his prowess and for the interesting angles he made us play to keep him semicoherent.  Wrangling Eliphas from the brink of madness was a major component of Eupraxia's time ringrunning with the combined Companions and Breakers.  Due to his incredible usefulness, she was able to overlook how much he "made no sense."  She also appreciated how much he flaunted the King's rules.  By the end of the journey, she regarded him as a true friend, and not just another mad wizard whose help she needed.  And she was always aware that Eliphas was the strongest of the Breakers.

His guiding presence will be missed.

Richørd

djspectre

With Rusty/Henardo, it was a pleasure to bond with Eliphas over their shared, though obviously differing in origin, madness.
There was a scene in Ring 64 where Eliphas gave Rusty his fortune using a tarot deck. While the cards didn't in fact come true (Rusty perished in that ring).
It was one of the few at-length conversations the two companions ever had and by far one of the more interesting ones that evoked emotions in both men. Even if neither of them had the inner strength to ever come out and say it in so many words to each other.
A memorable character and I'm sure it'll take you a while to find another concept you can really latch on to. But lets meet up for the next great adventure ;-)

Morphine

Excellent work, Lannister -- Eliphas was an impeccably portrayed and engaging character that always held an air of mystique. 
The ripple effects of his impact can't be understated. He was a pivotal figure in my own PC's development and it was a blast while it lasted.