Legal Notice to Estellise Azimi

Started by StellarNebula, May 07, 2024, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StellarNebula

Dear Apothar Azimi,

I am writing to you as the legal counsel for the Sagebrush Scouting Corps, whom I am representing in all matters requiring judicial and paralegal intervention. This letter serves as a formal notice regarding the recent communications and allegations directed towards my clients.

In accordance with Baz'eelian legal practice and to ensure that all communications are conducted within the bounds of law and propriety, I hereby request that any and all further correspondence, queries, and especially accusations concerning my clients be directed solely to my attention. It is imperative that direct communication with the Sagebrush Scouting Corps concerning these matters cease immediately, to prevent any misinterpretations or unnecessary escalations.

Please consider this letter as the primary point of contact initiation, whereby all further dealings, discussions, or disputes shall be channeled through my office in Baz'eel. This procedure will aid in maintaining a structured and legally sound approach to resolving any issues at hand in an efficient and judicious manner.

Should you wish to contact me directly to discuss these matters in a more detailed or formal setting, please do not hesitate to reach out at your earliest convenience. My office in Baz'eel is fully prepared to engage in discussions and to address any concerns you may have, with the aim of reaching a mutually agreeable resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. I look forward to your compliance with this request and to a constructive dialogue moving forward.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver Klozoff, Esq.
Counsel for the Sagebrush Scouting Corps

cmenden

Dear Oliver Klozoff,

If the Sagebrush Corps have committed no crimes, then they should have nothing to fear.

The act of hiring a lawyer would strongly imply that they have something to hide, however.

Regardless, my most significant concern pertains to Elias through either negligence or sinister intent disregarding the Priory's warnings and committing Alejandro's body and soul to a Djinn Prince.

My demand is simple. When he returns to the Well, he submits himself to the Tower to explain the matter in full. I would know why he chose to ignore sage counsel and did this deed.

Regards,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

StellarNebula

Dear Apothar Azimi,

As the legal representative of the Sagebrush Scouting Corps and specifically, Elias, I am compelled to address the assumptions underlying your request.

It is crucial to contextualize that The Tower, or the Astronomers of Q'tolip, while recognized as an accorded association, does not possess any legal jurisdiction or authority over the citizens of Ephia's Well, particularly those such as my client, Elias, who maintain no affiliations with your organization. The presumption that Elias should submit himself to an association exiled from Baz'eel, and therefore lacking any legal standing recognized by the Sultanate of Baz'eel, is both inappropriate and legally unfounded.

Your insinuation that Elias has something to hide merely by engaging legal counsel is not only misplaced but disregards the fundamental rights to legal representation and protection under our laws. It is the right, and often the duty, of any accused party to seek counsel to ensure that their rights are upheld and that any proceedings are conducted fairly and lawfully.

In light of these considerations, and given the lack of any formal charges or legal basis for your demands, I must advise that Elias is under no obligation to comply with your request to present himself to The Tower. Any such compliance would be both unnecessary and legally inadvisable.

Furthermore, to insinuate without evidence that Elias has engaged in any illicit activities with djinn is a serious accusation and borders on slander. Should this matter escalate further without substantive proof, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action to protect my client's reputation and legal rights.

However, should you wish to discuss this matter further, to ensure that all parties' viewpoints are thoroughly understood and considered, we are open to arranging a formal inquiry. This would be conducted solely via written correspondence, to maintain a clear and lawful record of our discussions. We believe this process would be beneficial in clarifying the legal and ethical dimensions surrounding your concerns.

Please let us know if you would like to initiate this formal inquiry, and we will provide the necessary details to commence.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Oliver Klozoff, Esq.
Baz'eel

cmenden

Dear Oliver Klozoff,

You have made your first error and it is a significant one.

There were countless witnesses who saw Elias ignore the Sisters of the Sibylline Vine, as they told him not to bring Alejandro's body to Hufaidh, where his body and soul were consumed by the djinn.

Even were there a law in Ephia's Well against slander, it would be inapplicable here as his actions are no more or less than what I have stated.

I have no interest in hearing lies and excuses from those uninvolved in this matter. I want nothing more than for Elias to explain his actions.

Best,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

cmenden

Dear Whichever of the 11 Sagebrush Members this is,

I did not start any of this.

It began when I returned to my duties and found that you or your employer was feeding lies about me to the Janissaries.

I responded as one would expect, by turning the Janissaries' eyes upon your crimes. It's been rather successful, I might add. You shouldn't make up lies about supposed crimes I have committed when you have your own dirty laundry so effortlessly found via Tower Artifice.

I was content to leave it at that, but now I am informed by a Janissary guarding the Pyramid that Sagebrush has doubled down by placing a sign outside the Pyramid declaring me a murderer.

Cease your aggressions against me or the name "Sagebrush" will be consigned to the history books forever.

Best,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

StellarNebula

Dear Apothar Azimi,

I hope that you will forgive me for my lack of correspondence until now, but I'm afraid your previous letter was not worthy of any response at all given its lack of any substantive statement of fact. However, I feel I should address a few points with you now.

Firstly, it has come to my attention that you have chosen to direct your recent communications directly to the members of the Sagebrush Scouting Corps, bypassing the legal representation established explicitly for this purpose. I must remind you that as the legal representative of the Sagebrush Scouting Corps, all communications regarding the matters at hand should be addressed through my office in Baz'eel. This protocol is not merely a formality but a crucial part of ensuring that all discussions are conducted within the bounds of legal decorum and jurisprudence. Bypassing this established channel not only undermines the effectiveness of our communications but may also be seen as an attempt to circumvent the legal protections afforded to my clients. To maintain the integrity of our interactions and the legal process, I insist that all future correspondences be directed to my office in Baz'eel. This will ensure that your communications are received and responded to in a timely and appropriate manner, respecting the legal framework within which we are operating. Failure to adhere to this protocol may lead to a formal complaint for improper conduct and interference with jurisprudence. We are committed to resolving our current disputes amicably and within the constraints of the law, and as such, adherence to these communication protocols is imperative.

Secondly, as to the success of your "turning the Janissaries eyes", while you may have managed to waste the time of the Sultan's 4th Legion I feel I must highlight that there have been no criminal charges against my clients since the time you have "returned to your duties", as you put it. The absence of any formal accusations or findings of wrongdoing stands in stark contradiction to your assertion of uncovered "dirty laundry". I would also ask that you forward the specifics of this "Tower Artifice" you self-admittedly have aimed at my clients. Given the relatively high mortality rate within your organization as a result of non-murder related causes, the safety of my clients after being exposed surreptitiously to such artifice has now become a chief concern.

Thirdly, as for your claims regarding a Janissary's claim of signage, please forward to my office a copy of the Janissary's report and name, as well as a copy of the exact wording written upon the offending sign. You have my assurances that the matter will be investigated promptly.

Obsequiously,
Oliver Klozoff
Baz'eel

P.S.: I have been informed that my clients, The Sagebrush Scouting Corps, has been officially recognized by the government of Ephia's Well as of today, and so they indeed have earned their place in the history books forever.

cmenden

It was my hope that by writing again I could make clear that this harassment campaign against me began with your number.

I supposed it possible I had an X in 11 chance of getting ahold of a sensible member of your organization where X is the number who might not be complete idiots.

Instead you parrot the same lies against me. When will you people give it up? Do you also think I killed the Dog Nadiri?

When we fire people from the Tower, they leave the Well in disgrace. There is no deeper story here to chase.

I have tried to engage you like adults, to make peace despite your repeated attempts to engage me in war, but you ignore me and act like children.

I will not bother with further correspondence as it's clearly time wasted, but I will leave you with some parting words.

The organization you have aligned yourself with reflects poorly upon you.

The more you defend their actions and repeat their lies, and engage in targeted harassment campaigns against the defenders of Ephia's Well, the greater the assurance that you will never fulfill any dream you may possess in this place.

To side with these dregs is to continue your existence as if you never left the Wastes. Perhaps one day you will feel like joining us in bettering this Well of ours rather than stewing alongside those who clearly hate it here and should just leave.

Their toxicity is a cancer and at some point you will wake up and find that it has infected your thinking too. Then again, perhaps this series of letters has proven that it's already too late.

Regards,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

P.S. It seems your words about history were premature. I have checked the Stele and your organization is not upon it at all.

Such is the power of a Fatespinner.