Gersician Impovermancy

Started by Random_White_Guy, June 21, 2023, 07:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Gersician Impovermancy
A study in the Magical Art of Begging
By O. Otisopse

[hide=Preamble]To preface any author of note or merit must begin with establishing their credibility. As Navel Cadet of an illustrious company of Il Modo I found myself classically trained in the art of Wizardry by the Quartermaster known as L'oca Grassa. I have studied at length but the pursuit of Wizardry is a lifetime endeavor. One in which there are challenges large, challenges small, and matters ranging from the explainable to the inconceivable.

One such matter inconceivable is a man proclaiming himself a Master of a Guild, stumbling in broad daylight out of a Temple of Gelemma... to harass a passerby.

Then proceeding to offer 50 Dinar for a two and a half week contract of loyalty and supplication, begging for any support he may find from men at random encountered upon the street corner.

It is the Alchemists trade to pursue mythos of Homunculus, to turn the common metals of Lead into Dinar, and beyond.

Impovermancer Geiger may be the first to have discovered the formula for turning Success into brittle coal.[/hide]

[hide=Chapter 1: An introduction to Impovermancy] The study and craft of Wizardry is a noble's profession. It takes time, patience, caution, but above all excess. You must have in your possession not one stream of revenue but numerous by which you can facilitate your many businesses and dealings. You must procure reagents, you must procure apprentice, you must procure supplies and tools for artifice, and you must procure above all else reputation. A Reputation opens more doors than any spell of Knocking and sways more minds than any Enchanted charm. First impressions hold weight. The means by which you comport yourself and your business, shape your future unlike any Divinative practice.

To an impovermancer these things are disregarded. The short-sighted gains of the now eclipse any further consideration.  It leads to not only compromised judgement but questionable practice, it leads to not only questionable practice but the logical conclusion that one will find themselves adrift at sea amidst many threats - lacking both the resource and support to sustain such activities.

Gaze no further than the namesake of this practice, as the Gersician model puts on fullest display - A man who rose to power, a man who rose to reputation, a man who rose to respect throwing all such away in the blink of an eye.

Who in advanced circle of Impovermancy cast the fiercest incantation one may.

He insulted an Ashfolk. Within a Satrapy of Baz'eel. While attempting to sit of Power within their outpost[/hide]

The pages are filled with a litany of economic models, theories - some factual, some which may be deemed less than such by a scrutinizing figure of adequate accountancy familiarity

[hide=Chapter 15: The Wajeebian Factor] While the Master of the Gersician Model of Impovermancy has, previously mentioned at such length, drawn himself into an unwinnable quagmire of which there is no escape there comes from aside a further factor. Wajeeb.

The famed businessman of the Krak de Rose who, through charity, has sought to redeem the embarrassing first impression left by his Guild's Master upon myself. He offered forth a litany of scrolls, first to fourth circle, as well as kind words and offer of future business to salvage the reputation of the Alchemists Guild. He went so far as to explicitly say himself though "But this is only for the Alchemist Guild's reputation. If it does not sway your opinion of Gers, that is not a problem. He is not for everyone's tastes".

While such loyalty is to be commended what says it of a man whose own famous purveyor - The man who bottled The Wajeeb recognizes the Master's shortcomings and failings. No, no my fair reader I say to you that this is not a gesture of charity to me in the giving of scrolls - but a Gesture of Charity to all who hold pen, parchment, and scholarly pursuit. The Geriscian Model of Impovermancy in fact appears to hinge upon this business. As it is so fluid, so well prepared, and so calculated it cannot be mistake. I raised a bellow against Gers' brash display and in came his better half.

To this we must conclude and draw the simple fact: It is Wajeeb if any, who should be pursuing seat of Legate - who respects both the Voiceless and the Ashfolk alike.

Not Gers, not this hollow Robe harassing passer by, offering 50 dinar for a two and a half week contract like it is some grandiose "Favor" to serve as a conscript of the Gold League.[/hide]

[hide=Chapter 16: In Conclusion] As displayed through the course of this work it is a clear and present fact: Gers holds no care for his future, nor his wealth, expecting the kind hearted charity of those such as Wajeeb and others to mollify those who he brazenly insults, those he audaciously spits upon, and those he contests with in fields beyond their ken.

He has squandered his entire company's fortunes in one fell swoop of political gamesmanship, and should he lose candidacy as inevitably expected - It will no doubt cost twice their fortunes to recover and save face for such harsh insult spat upon the Bellows, in person, and in day to day practice. For even a Monkey can learn to Read. But to be a Wizard requires tutelage, training, and decorum.

Gratitude for your time spent on assessment of such a study, and may your craft flourish and eclipse the waning star of Impovermancer Geiger[/hide]
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips