Holy symbol

Started by Calixto, November 25, 2012, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calixto

After hitting lvl 8, my holy symbol was gone, and I got a new one, less powerful. Is that a bug, or have holy symbols been modified?
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

Talir

Was the last time you got a symbol at level 7?

Has the symbol been upgraded through prayers?

If so, no, it's not a bug. It's finally gotten back on track with the system again.

Professor Death

Followup question:

So, I have had a great run of luck for a while and not had any deaths all the way through my last level, collecting prayers all along the way.  The holy symbol got gradually stronger and stronger.

Then, when I leveled last the symbol was gone and replaced with one that was base level - no powers of any kind.  I also received a new prayer book.  Nowhere during the previous level did I see any loss of power, though at one time I DID receive a duplicate symbol with identical powers to my main one.

Now, I receive a new prayer book at each reset.  I have collected few prayers since there haven't been many dwarves on the last few times I've played and I ONLY take prayers from dwarves, so I cannot speak as to whether or not the new symbol is working properly.

Is this a bug or a feature?  I'm just trying to be sure my hard-fought-for symbol (not many dwarves to get prayers from) is working properly.  I understand a gradual reversion of a holy symbol if you are not constantly taking in prayers, but a reset back to base was a shocker.

Character: Ferrous Ironeater

Thanks for clarifying!

Calixto

- I cannot remember. If it helps, I died at lvl 8, back to 7, and then lvled to 8 again. And my prayerbook was gone too.
- Yes
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

Talir

The reset to "base" is because all the time you never truly saw the gradual decreases. Only when it was upgraded did you notice any changes. So instead of wavering between the lower lines, it always got increasingly more stronger.

Instead of just getting prayers from dwarves, try converting them.

You should be getting the new amulet replaced some point each reset too.

Professor Death

Thanks for the clarification - I always looked for converts, but it seems other than other clerics, darn near everyone already followed my god.  LOL