EfU Launcher

Started by Haer Dalis 83, November 16, 2016, 10:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haer Dalis 83

Since the IP address change, my EfU Launcher has not been able to locate the server. Connection always times out. I tried downloading it anew, but to no avail.

Bearic

You need to go into multiplayer and change the direct connect server ip address to - nwn.efupw.com:5121

That should fix it. =]

goate

It's possible that the old server's DNS record has been cached by your ISP or router for longer than it should have been cached.  One thing you can try is manually flushing your workstation's DNS cache.  Here's how:

Press WINDOWS BUTTON + R
Type "cmd" into the dialog box, hit
TYpe "ipconfig /flush" into the DOS prompt,

Another possibility is that you used my fix from back when EFU's domain name expired, and forgot to undo the fix.  To find out:
edit C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts (as administrator, with notepad)
If there's a line with "nwn.efupw.com" in it, delete it, save

If those fail, you can access the server with it's new IP address by opening NWN without the launcher (for now) and connecting directly to 104.130.1.251:5121.  I don't recommend this because connecting by hostname has certain benefits, but it'll get the job done if nothing else works.

-Gracken

Haer Dalis 83

Gracken was quite right, I had used his fix, and while I recalled I had done something, I did not remember what. Looks like it's fixed now.

(Thanks!)