Statues

Started by Gentlemen of the Empire, May 10, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlemen of the Empire

Statues

Statues was initially a somewhat light-hearted concept of mine. I've wanted to play a Scrapper for a while but wanted to collect something slightly unconventional. The idea came to me to make a Scrapper who believed in collecting wisdom in the form of figurines and Statues and thus the character was born.

I wanted to stray away from the normal monastic orders and take a somewhat different approach to playing the class. So, Statues would follow in the footsteps of an enigmatic monk of incredible power known as the Immovable Sovereign. She would meditate upon the lessons of this eight foot tall demi-God and attempt to do the impossible: emulate him.

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the character and would particularly like to thank the DMs who really aided her along the path of transformation from a fledgling Scrapper into a resolute Councillor and being of stone. There's a lot I could write about in here, but I honestly need some time to unwind and process everything so I will settle for sharing a few screenshots (sadly. I don't have too many!)

Adventures:
[hide]

Yes, that's a Halfling on a horse...

Some people just need help to get home...

Statues is in there somewhere, I swear.

Some skeletons are surprisingly not spooky or scary.

A seemingly innocuous meeting.

Who is that mysterious man?

The Council table really isn't practical for halflings.

[/hide]

General silliness:
[hide]

When the Luggage's caretakers come together...

A firm foundation is necessary for resolution.

The early Scrapstop days.

People had mixed responses to my Luggage-based roleplay.[/hide]

Loot:
[hide]

The Luggage barfed this up one day.

Many unfortunates fell victim to the lullaby of the Marble Sovereign.

[/hide]

zDark Shadowz

45 discipline? That's damned impressive. Highest I've gotten a skill to was 47 lore on a wizard (without Legend Lore spell).

Well played, was quietly rooting for the Councillor that could hide people in a box.

Muckraker

Very cool character, sad I only got to RP with her once.  Good luck on your next one!

Rookie

Very cool PC, Gent.  Didn't get to interact with Statues as much as I'd like, but it's clear that they had a pretty great impact on the server.

Iconoclast

Unique and unwavering.

VanillaPudding

Good character Gent. I appreciated your RP throughout and the risk you took turning us into Magnatz. I somehow knew we would turn into some sort of rivals when we had to duel on horseback for show and neither of us would quit! Good luck on the next

Bearic

I was hoping to get a couple more of those faith biopics from Statues before she died, our time zone differences suck!

Ever faithful and great to interact with. =]

YesSirLieutenantPond

Statues went from being the character with the silly name that I assumed was a new player to being one of the coolest characters on the server. Sad to see the end to the legacy. I'm glad she became one with the stone.

Wench

I absolutely loved this character and the roleplay you did with the luggage was amazing. Thank you for bringing such stunning creativity to the server. Interacting with Statues was always pleasure.

Can't wait to see what you hit us with next!
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Pig-a-dig

RIP cool monk buddy.

Svordaloz

And so, passeth another into the realms of legend and beyond!
Rest in peace, O sweet hin monk of stone!

Still, was awesome the snippets I saw of Statues in action!

Astorn

Statues was great char, I really had fun RPing with her, for that short time I'm around. I just hope our next chars will survive to the end of the Chapte- *muffled laughs from DM shack* Uh, to the end of the month... week!

Ciorbă de Burtă

Statues was magical to RP with.

It was a PC that helped introduce me (and my own PC) to this server and setting, in the most wonderful way, letting me glimpse in tantalizing ways the wonders, the mysteries, the intrigues, the politics, the dangers, conflicts, friendships, hopes and ambitions that weave all of our PCs together. And also letting me see the quality of the players on this server. When Statues died, it was quite moving, not least of all because she had predicted her own demise so uncannily!

Thank you for all of this, you've given me a lasting gift. Statues, as a character, was also very memorable in and of herself and I won't forget her! Well done.
The princes applaud with a furious joy;
And the king seiz'd the flambeau, with zeal to destroy.

Mort

Hollow_Mage

I never knew her to break resolve. Incredibly well-played. I hope to type massive paragraphs back and forth with you again someday, hopefully when we both have henchmen to type through as well.