Stronghold, a Custom Campaign

Started by Luke Danger, April 18, 2010, 10:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Danger

Neverwinter Night's greatest strength, easily, is the Toolset. It's allowed EfU to be created, and it also has another purpse: To create a DM run campaign for a group of players to enjoy, with imagination and mechanics the only limits.

This is an FR based setting, but not in Faerun or any other part of the Forgotten Realms, while using some of the lore. The idea is that it's a land on Toril/connected somehow, yes, but it is far enough from Faerun or other places that contact is rare (for comparison, think the gulf between the 'New World' and the 'Old World', but to the 2nd power or something like that). Contact and knowledge of Faerun would be nothing. The setting will be custom built from scratch with some FR lore involved at specific points.

The setting is European feudal in nature, much like the European Middle Ages. The main deity in the area being Siamorphe (as unlike in Faerun, her faith is strong here), which would play out as sort of the Mideval Catholic Church in power/prestige, amongst the large human kingdom that's easily considered an 'empire'. Other races, such as the Dwarves or Elves, maintain their normal Pantheons, though that'd be some FOIG stuff on the details. It'd start out fairly smaller scale, IE, a small town, but steadily build up to an epic conclusion.

All playable races are avalible, and you can go for a PrC if you wish (though it'd have to be earned). Currently the story has our group moving towards prominence but still small scale, so now would probably be a good time to join.

While certainly rebuilding the keep and bringing it to prominence is a major part of the campaign, it is not the main focus of the campaign, which will be partially player driven, partially DM driven. There will be major choices that the player can choose, and the ends are as unlimited as can be done in the game. I'm refering to failing hard and total wipe out all the way to the players becoming kings.

If you're intrested, hit me up in IRC. Some roles are now open and could use covering, but I won't railroad anyone unless it wouldn't work in the setting.

Mechanical Notes:
Using the latest CEP, if you want to join and need help setting up CEP, I can help.

Time: I intend to play this at about 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time (APX. 5 PM Greenwich Mean Time), if you can't make it, it can be moved an hour ahead or later, but that's only if all the others can make it.

Player limit:I'm taking roughly six players, but currently there's a few slots open due to issues with consistant participation; to those already playing but have had difficulty, if you can come back, slot's always open.

Currently: 2/6 players involved

IRC: #Stronghold

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I am in on this as a Sorcerer.

Decimate_The_Weak

I may be interested in this. I'll hit you up.

Divine Intervention

I'm in this too as a stealthy rogue adviser type.

Luke Danger

Well, the first sesh is Sunday, April 25th, 2010; however, I can easily integrate players in later on, they just need to talk with me and get the idea of what we're doing and get the explanations set up

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Join this, seriously!

lolmagics

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Loghaire

I'm curious about this place. What is it called and do I need haks?

Listen in Silence

It's not a persistent world. It's a campaign run in weekly events.

It's called Stronghold.

You need the CEP. The Community Expansion Pack.

Luke Danger

Just PM me if you're intrested; either here or on IRC.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Thomas_Not_very_wise

And the awesome is only beginning...